Moment 14

'No! D don't touch me!' Her voice cracked, making his heart break. All he wanted to do was wrap his tattooed arms around her fragile body, to tuck a whisp of her white hair behind her ear and watch as it flopped back out again, to wipe her tears away and tell her it'll be okay. But he couldn't. Because he made the mistake and there was no forgiving him.

'Lola please just let me explain!' He reached out, in hopes to make some form of amends.

'No!' She stepped back, swatting his arm away, tears streaming down her ghostly face. 'You killed him! You killed my brother - how could- how could you?!'

'It was an accident I swear Lola please you gotta believe me!' His whole heart aches, seeing her this upset this mad at him, he never wanted her to leave him, all he wanted was, well that doesn't matter now. He can't have it. He can't have her.

'Believe you?! You fucking killed my brother! I didn't want to believe everything everyone was saying. I didn't want to believe the rumours. But they were true they were all fucking true you lied to me David! How could you?! How could you kill him?! He was my brother!'

But that's the thing isn't it. He didn't mean to kill Andrew, of course he'd never kill anyone. It was an accident. It was all a game, a roll of the dice until someone died. It wasn't his fault his secret was spread. It wasn't his fault that her brother came to him looking for a fight. It wasn't his fault Andrew had a knife pulled out. It was self defence, but all she could see was a cold hearted murderer.