Chapter 3

It is almost time for Geoff to come pick me up. I can't help but wonder where he is. It is almost twelve o'clock p.m., and I am starting to get antsy. Naturally, I thought he would come early. Ahh! Where is he? It's fucking eleven-thirty! When he pulled up, I was gonna roast him for making me wait this long!

Then, all of a sudden, he pulled up and hopped out of his car. "Hey, girl." He said trotting up to me wearing some caveman shorts. I looked him up and down. His shorts were jean material and had rips at the bottom. His slender torso was perfectly fitted into his plain white t-shirt, and a black snapback sat on his head. His sunshades hung out of the front pocket of his shorts.

I stared at his lovely locks of hair. "Your hat is backwards," I pointed at the top of his head. He laughed and told me it's a style. I didn't know why I pointed that out because I knew it was a cool thing to do. I was acting so stupid. Could he tell I was nervous?

Geoff was so tall and lengthy in every aspect visible to my electric green eyes. He was a magnificent creation sent down by God. Thank you, Lord. You've sent a supernatural man to me. I will feed him, care for him, and cherish his life, forever. I looked at the smallest details of his face. The strength of his jawline, the point of his nose, the brown in his eyes were all so wonderful to me. Did he notice anything wonderful about me too?

"Is that how you're gonna greet me, from now on?" He looks me up and down too. His smile is cute and genuine. "Hello, earth to Audrey?" He was looking into my eyes, then he began to bend down; he got close to my face.

I was lost in his face, his eyes, his smile, and his simple style. "Hmm?" I came out of my trance and saw him up close. "Whoa! Ha ha! You are super close..." I look at him confused as to why he is all in my face.

Geoff parted his lips, "Sorry, I was asking you a question and you totally zoned out. I was trying to make sure you were still on earth. Maybe some aliens abducted your soul, while I was talking." He laughs loudly from his gut. How lovely it is to hear him laugh at me. "Are you okay? You aren't talking much. Is it that time?"

I can't believe I zoned out so badly, "What? No. I'm fine. I was just thinking and I'm excited to meet up with the guys and see some lions, tigers, and bears...and zebras. How are you? Are you okay?" I started talking fast and nervously. I stopped to catch myself. Geoff started smiling again and then puts his arm around me. He gently guides me to his car. Ooouu!!! He's touching me! I start cheesing insanely hard.

He opens the car door and I plop down in the seat. I click my feet together and giggle like a child, while looking up at him. Geoff chuckles and shuts the door. Then we zoom off!
During the twenty-minute ride, Geoff and I talk a bit, sing along to music, and I record a few videos for safe keeping. "What kind of car is this? It's nice." He tells  me it is a Nissan something of some sort. Cool! A Niiissaaaan! I want a Nissan! Everything is so fresh and bright and exuberating. Geoff's vibes are so laxed and delightful.

"Here we are!" We pull up to J dancing in the parking lot and Layne recording him. Cyndi, Layne's wife, is out there, Nick, Earl's husband, is there, and Ashley, Eli's wife is out there too, along with the guys. This is going to be freaking amazing! I get to meet VoicePlay's significant others and hang with VoicePlay at the same damn time!

Before Geoff could get to my door to open it, I fly out of the car and stand in amazement. "Well, okay Ms. Quicksilver." Geoff shuts the door behind me and watches as Ashley walks up to me and hugs me. Everyone else follows her. Cyndi hugs me next then Nick shakes my hand.

"I'm Cyndi. You must be Audrey?" Cyndi says with a huge grin on her face. Ashley introduces herself next, and everyone else does the same. They seem to like me a lot and it seems that Geoff has been talking about me after all. I love every second of it. They all know who I am and want to know more. We walk in, purchase our tickets, then that's when the fun begins.

"So, what's your favorite animal, Audrey?" Ashley asks me all bright eyed. Cyndi, Ashley and I walk a little ahead of the guys.

"I'd have to say a zebra. I dig the stripes. What's your favorite?" While Ashley is thinking about her answer, Cyndi speaks up.

"Well, mine is a Koala bear. They're so cuddly and cute. I could just adopt one and give it a little habitat in the backyard. Layne would not allow that though, and we have the girls at home...and the dogs...so...yeah. Not gonna happen." Cyndi sighs, then Ashley perks up with her answer.

"A snake!" Ashley laughs with a hiss. She scaresme half to death. The three of us start laughing.

"A snake!?" Eli comes up behind Ashley and puts his arm around her neck. She yelps and the other guys pop up next to us. Geoff walks close beside me, but seems expressionless.

"Oh! Tigers! Tigers! Tiiigeeeers!" Layne shouts and points over to a group of tigers lounging and playing around. We walk over to the rail. 

"He hasn't stopped talking about how he hit you with that basket." Earl says quietly while Geoff is taking a picture. Earl looks for me to respond, but all I do is smile and nod. "Oh babe, lions are ferocious. Will someone get a pic of me looking ferocious with these ferocious beasts?" Earl takes out his phone and hands it to Layne. Eli, Ashley, and Nick jump in the picture with Earl.

"Cyndi stalked your Instagram. She said your long blonde locks make you look like a relative of hers." Geoff walks closer to where Cyndi and I stood.

"Oh, Geoff! Don't tell her that!" Cyndi swats at him, then she smiles at me. "Layne hun." She walked over to Layne and left us to chat. Geoff looked business-like, yet his eyes were filled with life and brightness and adventure.

"Hey there's a farm where you can feed the animals. Do you want to go?" he asks me. "Oh yes I love feeding animals!" I say excitedly. Geoff just chuckles and leads me and the others to the farm. I'm about to pay for the pellets to feed them before Geoff stops me. "I got it," he says taking his wallet out. "Hey I can pay," I say trying to stop him. "I know you can but what kind of gentleman would I be if I didn't pay for the food?" he said arguing.

Aw he's so cute trying to argue.

"Fine," I say giving in. He picks out two small buckets and gives me one small bucket of food pellets. I took a couple of pellets out and fed one goat that had two of its hooves on the fence. Geoff kneels down next to a kid (baby goat) that I didn't see and feeds it a little. I kneel down next to him to feed the the baby as well. "Oh my god it's so cute!" I exclaim with my voice getting higher by the end of the sentence as I fed it. Geoff and I look at each other and smile as I continue to feed the goat. Just as we both emptied our bowls, it starts raining. We find an area to cover ourselves from the rain.

"Oops I guess I forgot to check the weather," Geoff says blaming himself. "It's ok," I say laughing. Layne pulls out his phone and checks the weather. "Guys the rain isn't going to stop until tonight," he informs us. All of us exchange looks as if we're unsure of what to do now. "I guess we should leave then," I say speaking up first. "Yeah I guess so," Eli agrees. We say our goodbyes and exchange phone numbers.

"We should have a girls day out tomorrow," Cyndi says hugging me. "Yeah that would be great," I say smiling. "Alright we should probably go now," Geoff says cutting in. We sprint out to the front of the zoo and Geoff tells me to wait under a roof while he gets the car. Eventually he drives up to the curb and I run to the car and get in as fast as I can. "Sorry we couldn't stay longer," he says sadly but also apologetically. "It's fine," I say understanding that he made a mistake and forgot to check the weather. After 20 minutes we arrive at the hotel.

"Would you like me to come in with you?" he asks me. "Sure," I say. We walk inside

---------------

Hey guys I hope you enjoyed this chapter! This chapter is a little bit longer than the first two so I hoped you liked it longer (that's what she said 😂). Ok anyways this chapter was written by both authors so you get a little bit of both of our styles and hopefully made it more fun to read. Ok bye guys!