fin.

a/n: intense smut warning.

seulgi leaves work with an extra pep in her step. her boyfriend has been overseas for business and he's finally back home. the office has been kind of lonely without jaebum around to intimidate the interns because he's the big boss, and flirt with her because they're high school sweethearts who are still going strong. she misses him, constant phone calls, texts, and facetimes not being enough to quell the ache in her heart for being away from him for a few weeks (plus, she's really anticipating reunion sex since is always good).

she expects him to be home when she enters their apartment, and instead she's met with a trail of rose petals, leading to their bedroom. she giggles, follows the trail eagerly but her excitement dies down when she discovers there's no jaebum at the end of the trail. instead there's a dress, a cute little striped one with a slit on the left side, some statement jewelry and a note. she picks up the paper, reading jaebum's instructions to get dressed in this, and be ready in an hour because a car will be there to pick her up.

she's putting the final touches on her makeup when she gets a text from jaebum, telling her that her car has arrived, and she needs to come down to the lobby. it's a quick elevator ride with butterflies in her stomach, and when she exits the building, she's happy to see jaebum leaning against the passenger's side instead of just a car waiting for her. she walks over quickly, throwing her arms around his neck and hugging him tight. "i missed you so much." she tells him, cupping his face as she pulls him down for a kiss. she can feel him smile against her, it makes her smile back.

"i missed you too. let me see your outfit." he grabs hold of her hand, lifting it up so she can twirl for him, giving him a full 360 view. "beautiful."

"i usually don't wear vertical stripes, but this is nice. kind of sexy."

"you pull it off wonderfully." jaebum compliments.

"thank you, handsome. what's the special occasion?"

"a banquet to celebrate a merge with a foreign company. my father is throwing it, so i have to be there."

"oh... i thought we were going to have some romantic dinner or something, but a banquet is fine."

"don't sound so disappointed..."

"well, i just want to spend time with you."

"aww, kitten." jaebum pulls her flush against him, pressing one lingering kiss against her cheek before whispering into her ear, "just wait until after... you'll be mine all night."

events of this magnitude are usually a drag, an excuse for the rich and elite to brag about how rich and elite they are. seulgi doesn't feel like she fits in all that much. she has a comfortable amount of wealth, but nothing compared to jaebum. she spends nights like this attached to his arm, nodding her head and fake laughing at jokes that aren't even funny, counting down the moment they can finally go home.

since the banquet is to honor the family business, they have to play nice. seulgi's already got her smile plastered on her face from the moment she steps out of the car and starts waking to the doors, her hand perched on jaebum's arm. they greet family friends, and friends of family friends. they stomp down any questions about when they're getting engaged, when will they settle down, will they live here or move when they start a family, all invasive and frankly no one's concern. she's not in a rush to marry jaebum, even if they are high school sweethearts that share jaebum's expensive and lavish penthouse suite as they explore careers for their first year post college graduation. yes, she does see it in her future, it's written in the stars somewhere, but not anywhere near. "champagne?" jaebum offers her as they slowly make their way through the crowds, greeting everyone cordially.