apparently not fin.

a/n: light bdsm warning. 

there's a company dinner, and seulgi's not excited at all. she's there for jaebum, as usual, because he's getting a promotion. she is excited for him to be promoted, she'd just rather celebrate in their own way instead of out with coworkers. in fact, she has things planned for jaebum, and she can't wait to give him a surprise later tonight.

they've been testing the waters, and experimenting with more bdsm, nothing too hardcore. jaebum's always played the dominant role during sex, seulgi preferring a more submissive role, and on the receiving end. however, because of his promotion, she wants to treat him, and switch it up since they say variety is the spice of life.

they're drinking wine and eating on a charcuterie, so seulgi plays the part of sleepy and hungry girlfriend. the restaurant that they are at is more casual, some kind of bullshit reasoning on trying to keep it fresh for their generation. it's a rustic atmosphere, so she and jaebum are sitting in a booth, to themselves and away from others. it gives her an excuse to lean heavily against him, her head resting on his shoulder, his arm wrapped around her middle to keep her tucked against him. one of her hands is wrapped around his, while the other rests on his knee. he's talking to one of their investors, who comes over to ask about what jaebum will do next as the new cfo, and how it feels to work so closely with his father now. jaebum spews a good answer probably, about how this is great practice and he can now see closely how his father runs the business in preparation for taking it over in the future. at least that's what seulgi thinks he says, she's not paying much attention. "seulgi?" the investor then turns to her, "what is your position? are you jaebum's assistant? an intern? trophy wife?"

she smiles it off though she thinks it's a little degrading that just because she's in a relationship with jaebum and he's a higher up, doesn't mean that she's just an assistant or an intern and she's definitely no trophy wife. "seulgi's the director of our graphics team, didn't you know?" jaebum answers for her. "i think some recognition is in order because she did design our new logo that we will roll out next month in a rebranding effort."

"oh really? i never realized how important her role was."

"yeah, our marketers would have a terrible time satisfying their clients without her and her team."

"i'm sure that's the case." the investor laughs, and seulgi peeks up at jaebum, who has a smile plastered on his face but she knows behind it he's fuming. they, or well jaebum, chat with the investor for a bit more before they're finally left alone again.

"the nerve of that guy." jaebum grits his teeth.

"i'm used to it by now." seulgi admits, placing a kiss against his jawline.

"is this how people treat you?"

"they usually assume that i'm just your secretary because i'm always with you. then when they find out my actual title, they think i got it from dating you. it's not like your father personally gave me the position after shadowing for a year or anything." she complains.

"that's stupid, we only eat lunch together too, it's not like we walk around the office flaunting our relationship."

"it's fine, i can handle it."

"you shouldn't have to."

"i appreciate you wanting to play the knight in shining armor and protect me, but it's fine, baby."