Hating Arlo (3)

Waiting All Night - Rudimental featuring Ella Eyre

Lots of the students hang out in the common room after the day finishes

Lots of the students hang out in the common room after the day finishes. It's a large room filled with computers, sofa's, a pool table and a large television. Everyone is talking to their friends, laughing and having fun. 

I watch from afar, longingly wanting to be part of a group. I miss my old friends a lot but at the same time, after my breakup with my ex, none of them helped me. They all abandoned me.  

Some would argue that they weren't my friends at all--a part of me agrees. However, I know that they still cared for me. It was all because of him. 

I spot Trinity lounging casually on one of the sofa's, surrounded by her subjects, I mean friends. She too notices me but doesn't invite me other. Typical. 

My eyes drift over to the same handsome man from earlier, who was rude to me. AS if he can sense my eyes on him, he lifts his gaze up to me. As soon as our eyes lock, I forget how to breathe. Something about this man has my heart thundering in my chest. There's no denying I'm attracted to the handsome devil. There's an invisible pull between us, trying to drag me to him. 

The man flickers his eyes away to the person sat next to him. That's when I realise that his arm is casually placed around some girls shoulders as he listens to her babble about something. A painful lump forms in the back of my throat. I can't quite place why I feel so rejected and sad about this but I do. It's not like I own the man or anything like that. 

Yet, I feel anger. So much anger towards him and the girl. The pretty girl who talks to him like he's the only guy in the world. The man looks at her with a sparkle in his eyes. A sparkle that is similar to a four letter word. 

Love. 

This man who was rude to me yet is still attractive in my eyes, is in love with the girl he's talking to. 

The realisation hits me. Hard. 

I don't know this man yet he has such an effect on me. It's not like I like him or anything--I can't. I barely know him. 

I spin on my heel and storm out of the room before my feelings get too much for me. I feel completely confused by this sudden whirlwind of emotions. I have strange yet intense feelings for a man I don't know. How is that possible? It has to be more than attraction. 

Even though the night is still young, I jump into bed and lie there. Thoughts of the mysteriously handsome man who's in love with the gorgeous girl circulate my mind. Soon, I'm feeling nothing but pure, raw jealousy. 

I keep thinking about everything in my bed until it would be classed as severely unhealthy. By that time, Trinity struts in, ignoring me once again. Fluttering my eyes shut, I blank out the noise she makes and everything that has happened today. Tomorrow will be a new day. I will unpack my things and will spend more time with Kacey.