I. On Futility

When water drops down from the rooftop of a house, it tries to run away as far as possible, god only knows where to but as gravity continues on pushing water flows until it joins a larger group of liquid or it completely evaporates. But what is the process or emotion behind those single drops that have not place to go? Joining the larger group in itself does not seem like a bad idea at first, but how would you distinguish a lone droplet from one another? Or would it be better to evaporate, simply leaving those behind? Of course it is only an exaggeration or personification of the water drops as anything but real living things, the only matter that lives in these liquid bodies are protists, which are sparse, unknown subjects to me. The more one contemplates the world, its people, nature, buildings, letters, expressions, any form of interaction, the smaller and insignificant does the individual feel. Like a water drop in a desert, with nowhere to go. Knowledge is so vast that any individual that does feel like they 'know' everything is just downright false, optimism can be preserved in the fact that so much of the world is yet to be known, even the information we have is enough to keep a lifetime busy. It is strange thinking about it, an individual has to live with the thought that they will never really reach the absolute truth or state of knowledge. So the question is begged, is there any purpose on moving forward?

There are many arguments presented forward in order to prove that there is purpose in life, many of them being according to each person and their needs. A goal does not necessarily need abstraction to be attainable, such as well-being, happiness or self-fulfillment, they are realistically speaking, more plausible than obtaining absolute knowledge. It is only then that there are no real and objective goals in life, no matter where does the individual live, they are always subjective to them and only to themselves, they cannot be forced upon anyone or others. There is however one thing that stops the subject in order to fulfill each of their lives, that which is the subject of an inevitable demise. One may say they are the strongest human in the world, others can pinpoint their sharp looks or partners in life and maybe even say they have released a great work of art, only for them to turn into ashes and dust for the later years to come. Unless the impact the man is immeasurable such as a great; piece of art, literature or invention, often times everything turns into dust. Is this experience that we call life, worth living even though we know the end of the story?

Would it be worth it to continue, knowing that both everything abstract and concrete are soon to be turned into dust, that monuments fall, the only things to remain being the sky and the ground we live in, is it worth it? An unmovable chess piece stands on the table between Scott and You, no matter how hard both of you try to change its position, it never yields to both of you, knowing that the game will never end.