twenty-six: so i can crawl into sewers

okay so some people asked why Jamie didn't want the police to come in (lmao his made since in my head but reading back i didn't really do a good job of explaining it): it's because then Taylor would get arrested again and since he was already busted for having drugs/being high that would result in a lot more jail time and parole would be higher and he might be tried for organized crime since drug lords are dangerous. Plus, she made friends with Jose (who is btw my fav character in this entire story) and doesn't want him to get in trouble for kidnapping and hostage-keeping since those are crimes. OKAY enough bullshit blabber, here we go::;

"Operation No More Drugs is a go," Taylor whispered into my ear after positioning all of the men in the warehouse at their prospective places. 

"We're releasing a hostage in fifteen minutes as a sign of good faith," one of the men spoke into the cellphone, then snapped it shut. 

"Love you bae," Taylor said, kissing me on the cheek. Geez, he was even more bipolar than Matthew was. Just a few hours ago he hated me, and now he loves me again. Love sure is fickle.

I gave him a tight smile. "Call me bae again and I'll rat you out to the cops." 

He chuckled and smacked on the butt. "Up and at 'em, Jamie." 

Rolling my eyes, I crawled into the hole in the warehouse, mentally preparing myself for the smell of number 1 and number 2 in the tunnels. Surprisingly, once the hatch was shut, I looked around and realized that the tunnel was dry and didn't smell bad at all. In fact, it was almost as cool as the AC-ventilated room. This wasn't too bad. 

I had to take a left, another left, and then a right. Left, left and then a right. Left, left and then—OH MY FUCK WAS THAT A COCKROACH? I almost screamed but then gathered my wits and clamped a hand over my mouth. I was going to be cool and collected: like a cucumber. 

So it was easy. I'd already taken the first and the second left, and I entered into a small chamber where the tunnels split into 3 smaller ones. The cockroach had interrupted my chant, and I realized I didn't remember with way to go. 

Life 1, Jamie 0. Way to go, me!