Chapter 4

Kumiko walked around the hallways. She tried not to be loud, but wanted to call Chiko. "Chiko..chiko.." she whispered loudly. "Chiko...chiko...!" she whispered even louder.
"Yes, my queen?"
Kumiko turned around and she jumped is fear.
"Chiko!!! You scared me!!!" she quietly wined. Chiko signed, "Sorry about that. I just finished doing the laundry." Kumiko scratched her short brown hair.
"Eh? Isn't laundry day on Friday?" Kumiko asked. Her servant chuckled a bit, "I was in a good mood today, so I decided to do the laundry. Kumiko shrugged, "Oh, alright. Well, you should get ready for the ball, I should too." Kumiko waved at Chiko and left him. Chiko waved back

As she walked in the hallways, she stopped at a particular room. Her mothers' room. She looked both ways before entering their room. As she entered, she can feel a cold mist blew across the room. She shivered and walked around her parents room, until she had the sudden urge to remember the past.

15 year old Kumiko Chabashira walked inside her parent's room. She straightened her long hair she had. "Mother...?...Mama..." she whispered loudly. Both of her parents were in separate beds. Tenko lifted her head from the pillow, "Hey there, kiddo!" She coughed and covered her mouth. Himiko rubbed her forehead, "You want to make her sick..." Himiko sat up and crossed her arms.
"I'm sorry, I should leave you guys be-" as soon as Kumiko turned around.
"Hey, don't leave us! We want to speak to you." Kumiko stopped walking towards the door and turned around facing her moms.
"Y-yeah?" she replied. Tenko singled her to come a bit closer. Kumiko slowly walked over to Tenko, just a little farther from her.
"Take care of the kingdom for us...just until we come back strong!"
"Me? I...I can't rule a kingdom!" she exclaimed.
"All we ask is that you take care of the kingdom. You seen us work, it's not too hard. I promised." Himiko added on to what Tenko said, "Besides, you have Chiko there to help you. You too can help each other." Kumiko nodded, "I'll do my best." Tenko laughed, "That's the spirit!"

♤♡◇♧♤♡◇♧♤♡◇♧♤♡◇♧♤♡◇

Now, Kumiko looked around the empty room. The truth is that she isn't allowed to be in her moms' room after their death. The beds that was supposed to separate the two were still there. She sighed and walked put of the room.

As she went out out the room, Chiko was standing outside. She gasped in shock, "Oh Chiko! You scared me! Again..." Chiko chuckled to himself, "Sorry about that...but I want to informed you that a guest arrived." Kumiko started to panic, "Oh shoot! I haven't even dress yet!!!" She started to run through the hallways to her room, she bumped and pushed many butlers and maids as she passed through. She finally got to her room and grabbed the dress the maid left in her room. She quickly put on her dress and looked at herself in the mirror. She fixed up her hair a bit and the flower in her hair. She dashed out of her room to greet her guest.