drunk and in love

"Ok. I can do this right? I mean, he's cute, I'm..cute? So there's really no reason for me to start stuttering or straight up stop functioning when he's talking to me." Carly told her sister Claire.

"I believe in you! Go!" Claire pushed her sister forward, towards her crush.

Carly planned this for weeks. She was going to ask Him out. Alex, that is.

She approach's Alex nervously before working up the courage to say something.

"Hi.." Carly yelled over the loud music. Her heart felt like it was going to explode. Her face getting hotter each second.

Alex turned around from the person he was speaking to.

"Hey! You enjoying the party?" Alex yelled back, the music was unnecessarily loud.

"Yeah! I am." She smiled, flashing her pearly white teeth and her two dimples.

"So.." Carly stood around, the red solo cup in her hand and she shifted her weight on each foot.
Her fingers nervously tapped the cup as she looked around the house, avoiding Alex's direct eye contact.

"You look very nice tonight, by the way." Alex didn't break his gaze off of Carly.

Carly looked into his green eyes. She blushed a deep red before looking back at her cup.
She finished off her drink and threw the cup somewhere on the floor.

"I came over here to tell you something," Carly worked up the courage to say. "I like you. A lot."
She met his eyes once again, not looking away this time. She swear she could've seen his green eyes sparkle.

"W-what?" Alex chuckled in disbelief. He couldn't believe what Carly just said. He's had a crush on her for three years now. Rejecting girls is hard when they're always on him, considering He's captain of the football team. He's only wanted one girl and that was Carly.

"S-sorry. I shouldn't have-" Carly started to turn away. She was highly embarrassed.

Before she could leave, Alex caught her arm. He spun her around close.

"I like you too. I've always liked you. I think you're wonderful." He whispered into her ear, so she could hear better over the loud music. His voice was like magic to her ears.

"Can I kiss you?" Alex's voice was filled with lust and want.

Carly nodded her head, to excited to even speak.

He pulled her into a passionate kiss. Electricity sparking through the both of them. This was all they've ever wanted, and now they have it.

This was their happy ending to college.