play dead

How dare she? How dare she shot me from behind. She could at least have the decency to stab me, or shoot me before I walked away. She could push me into the water and drown me or easily drag my body, smash my head against the rubble. Just a few hours ago Hugo taught me how to play dead. Didn't realize I would be using the technique this soon.

I could feel my blood pouring out of my shoulder making a little pool that was close to touching my face. The blood felt warm. The wound started to sting. I didn't know what to expect. Would I be able to stand up? Would I die from blood lost?

It was so quiet. There wasn't even any footsteps. I wanted to look so bad. What was she doing. Was she just standing there staring? Was she making sure I was actually dead? Did she know about the technique? I let out a faint smile. It would be quite funny if I was killed on the same day as I first kill.

"I could see you breathing." She said from afar.

I didn't answer.

"If you move to Alaska with me, I'll let you live." She added.

"You shot me!"

"It would be troublesome for the both of us if I let you go on your own, Eve." She said while sitting next to me and dipping her fingers in my pool of blood.

"Please just say yes... or I would have to leave you here to die." She said with a trembling voice this time.

The idea was not actually all bad. Who wouldn't love to be taken care of in a foreign country by a rich assassin who adores you? It was the fact that we were running away. Her childish mind actually thought we could just move far away and all problems would be solved. Not only the mission of finding the twelve was not complete yet, but I sacrificed the tools and my protection just to stay with Villanelle. This was a huge step back. I needed to stay alive if I wanted to keep working on the case.

"First class flight." I whimpered while struggling to look up.

V smiled as she run her bloody fingers through my hair.

"Of course, baby."