V is Rich

I struggled to get up because my body felt light and weak. I woke up in a room bigger than my entire house. The bed could fit 4 people and I was covered in a soft cashmere blanket. I checked my wound, under the night gown I was wearing, all sealed and clean.

I walked to one of the many windows and looked outside. The sun was setting and I got the best view of the entire city under its lilac sky. I decided to explore this never ending room. I walked pass what seemed to be a living room and into the bathroom. It got 2 showers, a jacuzzi, a bathtub, 2 sinks+mirrors, and 2 toilets. It looked like a fancy public bathroom. My own reflection in one of the mirrors startled me when I was about to leave. Not only did I look clean but I had make-ups on. I was in a black night gown which I didn't own. I smelled of V's perfume.

I loved it.

Just outside the bathroom was a huge closet filled with new clothes and a row of shoes with their tags still attached. They even still got the price attached, like she wanted me to know how much they cost. Several jewelries were set out on a cupboard next to the closet. I couldn't help myself. I picked out a black blazer gown (because it was the easiest to put on with a sore arm), put on a pair of gold and silver earrings, and slips into a pair of Manolo Blahnik shoes.

"Wow." I said to myself while looking in the mirror.

I went to the receptionist with the intention of asking which room V was staying in just to find the demon herself slouching in one of the lobbys couch wearing a suit and eating a cake.

"Finally!" She exclaimed, putting her cake aside and standing up.

"Nice choice. Where's the bag?" She asked.

"What?"

"The bag. I bought you a Givenchy bag, where is it?"

"Why would I need a bag? I don't carry anything." I said, getting a bit annoyed.

V rolled her eyes.

"That's not the point of bags." She said.

"Come on." She said smiling while reaching out a hand.

"Aren't you hungry? I have booked us a table at a very nice restaurant near the hotel." She said when I didn't take her hand.

I felt a sudden guilt and fear. I probably should have went with Carolyn. MI6 was a blessing. A job I never knew I needed. I traded my team, my support, the thrill of it, for this. To be dressed up, spoiled with unnecessary things. To have my life planned out and managed by a psycopath. Niko was boring but a life like this would be worse.

"I'm not going on a date with you." I said.

She raised her brows and put both of her hands in her pockets.

"You sure? You look like you're ready for a date." She said. Her expression changed. She looked frustrated.

"I'm going back to my room." I sighed then turned around.

I could hear footsfeps following me all the way to my room.

"You need to eat. I'll order you some food." She said right after I unlocked my room.

I turned around to face her.

"I'm here in case you need anything." She said pointing at the room right across mine.

"Too bad. I bought us a very expensive champagne to celebrate." She said when I was about to go in.

I closed my eyes. She got me. I instantly felt bad.

"Thank you." I said.

"I mean it. Thank you, for everything."

I turned around and saw her face relaxed. She smiled and nodded before entering her room.

That was the least I could do. A sincere thank you.