This is my Town

Levi

I sit down at the bar, glaring daggers at anyone who dares make eye contact. No one would dare try anyway unless they had a death wish.

Without even looking up at the bartender, I order precisely. "Whiskey."

The bartender just passes me my alcohol without any fuss or asking for payment. I own this saloon and everything in this town, so they'd be making a grave mistake to cross me. My gang, Los Diablos, and I are outlaws that have taken over and pillaged multiple towns, but this town, this town is where it's at.

Gold, there is tons of gold in this town and I, along with my two partners, Dustin García and Ana Lopez, am on the prowl for the precious substance. However, we aren't the only ones.

There's a rival gang of outlaws that take over certain areas of Sina, California that go by the name, "Die Titanen," more commonly known by Americans as, "The Titans." They're supposedly led by some German boy immigrant who is only seventeen years old. Rumor has it that he got into a shoot off with the previous leader and renamed the gang when he was about fourteen. I have to admit, the kid has moxie, but that doesn't give him the right to trespass in my town.

"What's the plan, jefe?" Dustin asks, spitting some chewing tobacco into the spitoon from where he sits at the bar. The spitoon is about five feet (about 1.5 meters) away.

"Disgusting," I grimace. "And as for the plan, you already know. If we find the brat, he's dead."

"It'sa goin' 'round town that 'e's lookin' fer ya too, Levi," Ana replies, sipping on some whiskey diluted in sarsaparilla.

"Let 'im find me." I throw the glass over at the piano player. "Oi, play somethin' good!"

The blond male with a peculiar haircut quickly gets to playing a tune, a group of men sitting at a table playing poker hollering in approval.

"Jefe, I'm jus' sayin' that if ya don't tell us what in the lord's name we're doin', we're gonna fuckin' lose what we built up."

I look dead into Dustin's eyes. "You really fuckin' think that a goddamn German immigrant will fucking beat us? We're the fucking Diablos, a posse of the West's worst outlaws anyone's ever seen!"

Ana adjusts her hat so that it's covering her eyes. "Levi, is bes' nodda underestimate fellas. Last time we did, we lost two people."

"Don't you dare fucking bring up Isabel and Farlan again or else I'll turn you in to get hanged or ta Sheriff Smith myself." My eyes position on a busty woman who comes down the stairs, by the name of Mama Martha.

"Tell Hange that I'm goin' ta be a little late."

"You gon' play with a prostitute?" Ana asks, scoffing.

"You aren't offering," I snap.

"Careful, jefe," Dustin warns. "Some of them there prostitutes be killin' men afterwards and stealin' their money."

"Do I ever carry money?" I ask.

"Do you think they'll know that?" Dustin asks in return.

I roll my eyes and smirk when Mama Martha walks up to me. "You got any pretty little women fer me?"

"Take yer pick, Levi." She winks. "They're free of charge."

I dust my pants off and kick the dirt off of my boots before heading upstairs to look to see if any of the girls catch my attention and one does. Her eyes bore into mine, twin oceans holding me captive.

"Who is she?" I ask, pointing to the girl. "I want her."

Mama Martha raises an eyebrow, giving me a look that asks, 'are you sure?', but I ignore it and point to her again.