Ch. 5 Horrified

Dipper awoke with a cute little yawn. As soon as he upended his eyes he realized he was in Bill's arms. "Good morning Pinetree" Bill said with a smile. "*yawn* good morning Bill" Dipper said, slightly blushing at how close he was to the demon. "Dipper!"  Mabel yelled. "You should go" Dipper said quickly. And just like that Bill was gone. Dipper's door opened and Mabel was standing there. "Stan and Ford want to see you" She said in sharp tone. Dipper quickly got dressed and went down stairs, even though he didn't really want to. When he arrived Mabel had gone outside, he assumed this meant there was going to be a lot of screaming involved and that's why she was out there. 

It had been about five minutes and all Stan and Ford had been doing was yelling and sometimes swearing. Dipper was scared, but didn't really show it. "And he probably already hypnotized you!" Ford went on. "He's not even that bad" Dipper said half to himself, half to the original Pines twins. "Not that bad!? Not that bad!?! He tried to destroy the universe". "He tried to take over the universe" Dipper corrected. "Grrr" Stan let out a slight growl which made Dipper feel even more unsafe. After a few more minutes of this Dipper just got up and started to walk away. 

Stan practically ran after Dipper. He grabbed him and punched him in the eye. Dipper was horrified. Blood started pouring out of his right eye and tears flooded the other one. "Stan!" Ford shouted. He ran over to Dipper, but Dipper backed away, as if he was scared of Ford. Just then Bill appeared. "Pinetree are you okay!?" He put his hand on Dipper's face and looked at his bleeding eye. Bill was full of rage. He looked over to Stan, his eyes ruby red. "You son of a-" He begun. "Bill calm down!" Dipper cut him off. He grabbed Bill's face and made him look at him. "It's okay, I'm okay" Dipper said, trying to calm Bill down. "But he hurt you! I mean just look at your eye!" Bill yelled. Stan took a step forward. Dipper was still scared and held onto Bill, who was giving Stan a death stare.

"Get away from him you demon" Stan screeched. "Your the one who hurt him!" Bill spat. Dipper was crying into Bill's chest. Bill rapped his arm around his little Pinetree and a look of pure concern crept across his face. Ford was confused. On one hand this demon tried to take over the world, but on the other, he was clearly concerned for Dipper and looked as if he wads going to rip Stan apart for hurting him. "No more fighting!" Mabel yelled. She rushed over to Dipper. "Are you okay bro bro?" she asked. Dipper sniffled, "I'm fine" he responded. "How about we all just talk about this" she suggested. "Sounds good" Ford said while pushing Stan into the living room.

After a couple minutes of talking Bill had healed Dipper's eye and Stan had apologized for hitting him, but Dipper was still scared. Bill was still holding onto him, which did make him feel safer. "I really am sorry kid" Stan said once again. "It's okay" Dipper quietly responded. "There's clearly something wrong Dipper" Ford stated. "did something happen?" he asked. Mabel and Bill looked at each other. They both knew what was wrong, even though Mabel always acted clueless. "Maybe it's best if I tell you in the hallway" Mabel said getting up off the sofa. Dipper just let tears fall from his eyes while nuzzling into Bill's chest. Stan and Ford came back out outraged about Dipper and Mabel's father, but so sorry for Dipper, who had to go through all those years of suffering. Stan immediately called the police about Dipper's and Mabel's dad. Ford just kind of observed Bill and how he was being so gentle and comforting. 'I guess Dipper wasn't lying' he thought. 'Maybe Bill really has changed'.