Ch.3 (Rewrite)

Since I had passed out I had drifted in and out of consciousness during the ride to the hospital, the person who had found me nudging me every now and again in hopes of keeping me alert.

Everything after we had pulled up to the emergency entrance had happened so quickly, he had pulled me out of his car, calling attention to us as he approached the sliding glass doors...

They put me on a gurney, in the commotion my savior fading into the background. They wheeled me down a long hallway, Melissa was the nurse on duty...

The fear in her eyes when she saw it was me, I must have been quite a sight all bloody and bruised.

They tried to ask me questions but I couldn't do much in the way of answering, I found it hard to breath as they began to cut me out of my clothes.

The edges of my vision became fuzzy as they rolled me to one side, I felt the cold sting of a Stethoscope on my back.

"Pneumothorax we're gonna have to insert a chest tube, has anyone contacted the Sheriff?" I heard Melissa yell, everything around me was a buzz of activity but I was finding it hard to keep my eyes open any longer, they must have given me a sedative.

"Nurse McCall..." The Doctors voice was almost in slow motion at this point but I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore and I drifted off.

*POV switch (3rd person)*

"Nurse McCall, did you hear me? Stand aside." The Doctor said again trying to push Melissa out of the way.

"Did you contact the Sheriff?" She said again firmly.

"Nurse McCall if you don't step aside I'll be forced to have you removed." The doctor ordered and finally she stepped away from the fragile girl she knew all too well.

"The Sheriff needs to be notified, please someone notify him..." sobs wracked Melissas body as she no longer could keep her composure.

"Her family will be notified before the Sheriff is brought in" the Doctor replied as he began to intubate the young woman. "Someone start a chest tube"

"She's his daughter!" Melissa snapped, brushing stray tears from her cheek she pulled out her cellphone and dialed his number.

The Doctors eyes widened as the realization of just who it was he was working on, the situation becoming even more dire. The Sheriffs little girl? What had happened to her?

"Noah?" Melissa said into the phone trying to quell her tears. "You need to get to the hospital right now, they just brought in Natalie..."

*Original POV*

I don't know how long it was before I regained consciousness, the sound of machines beeping and the nauseating smell of hospital assaulting my senses before I could even open my eyes. My throat hurt and it wasn't long before I realized there was a tube in it and I began to freak, my dad who was asleep in the chair next to my bed covered up with his Sheriffs jacket was startled awake at me choking, sitting forward and scrambling to his feet.

"Nurse, Nurse, She's awake!" He yelled before rushing back to my side "Just take it easy, they have to remove the tube." My dad soothed while running his hand through my hair.

A nurse rushed in and immediately detached the tube in my throat from the machine, I could feel my airway clear slightly and she warned me it might hurt when they removed the tube. Boy was she right, I immediately began to cough and gasp in large gulps of air.

"That right breath, everything is ok" my dads voice coached.

"Daddy" I croaked, my voice raspy from the tube that was only moments before in my throat.