Chapter 3 - Who am I?

I was frightened, I ran to the restroom.  I entered and I could see the mirror, and in front of me was an image of  another person wearing the same clothes that I wore. I laid both of my hands on my face and the person in the mirror did the same.

It was struck by a  cold shock in the middle of the day. A surprise in disguise.

After this my fingers were numb, my hands were cold, my legs were shaking but my face was not mine. I splashed some more water from the running tap and then some more and I kept splashing water on my face. Every time I looked at myself in the mirror I was the same .Not the real me but a new me. I remembered my old face but this wasn't mine.

It was me but wasn't me . My face was changed as if I had a plastic surgery or something along with an additional memory loss.

My old photographs still flashed in my mind revealing my old identity.

The feeling was very clear and straight forward ," I AM A STRANGER" . Now that is interesting isn't it ? ..because I don't know myself anymore. I literally felt sick. My brain waves had invented a giant Indian ocean inside my mind.

I left the restroom and all the places which had mirror.I wanted to stabilise myself .

I was out there into the streets with the bright sunlight blazing over my head. The rays and the dilemma inside my stressed out mind........ almost blinded me.

The situation in the streets was still the same. Things falling apart . Small segments responsible for maintaining the structures of different cemented blocks were cracking and being attracted by the force of gravity. Craters had already been developed all over the place. Few cars were half way inside the ground and few others were now underground.

It seemed as if the creator of this planet was annoyed and bored so thy started playing the game of building blocks and he smashed it all in one go.

I realised that my brain was not in such a bad position after all. The chaos all around and the sense of panic among the frightened mob gave me an immense strength to carry on without bothering  much about my identity.

I was frightened too, just like the others . This fear was a factor responsible for deviating my mind from a personal issue to more of a human endangering life Scenario.

People were stuck in different places and were struggling with different things . There was an old man trapped beneath a fallen tree and people all around were trying to move the tree . Another three to four people stuck in a crater beneath a stalled van. With dogs screaming and barking from the pet shops nearby, the scene was pretty clear indication of a severe natural disaster and I stood there confused , confused regarding a decision ," What to do?" and also my identity . Who am I?

Who was I? Why am I not able to recollect anything from my past.

Looking around thinking and thinking, my curious sight fell on a child who was trapped in a balcony on third floor of the building . Perhaps the building entrance was blocked with the debris fallen from its rooftop and up there laid a child sobbing and frightened and on the ground was his mother screaming out for help, " Hello, Please..... Some one help.... Help....help my child get out of that falling balcony. I could see that the balcony was itself separated from its parent structure. Perhaps the separated entity wouldn't last long there and the child is not very safe.

I reached to place. I tried climbing the pipe on the other building structure just beside the falling disaster and as I approached the standing structure I tried climbing the pipes but after reaching the first floor I was scared and I also wondered How will I actually save the child. Thank god this kid wasn't obese like the others . He was short, thin and lean. I climbed back down. The child's mother came to me stopped me and tried to convince me," Hey .... Please help me get my child to ground." I looked at her eyes filled with tears of worry and I assured her , I am trying .. get me a big backpack. The entire city was in a distress and a fallen miracle. No one cared about any of their or other's property and specially when there is no one to look or keep an eye, The basic laws of the place can be manipulated. I saw big sized travel bag displayed behind the glass pane of an auspicious shop representing a great brand . I did lose my identity and this was a new person whose first name wasn't known to me . No matter what kind of crime that I did would be charged on his account so I broke into the branded shop and I took the travel bag to save the child's life. Oh Yeah, It was an exclusive edition of Emporio.