---

*trigger warning; mentions of: self abuse(but no cutting because no), scars, blood.*

It was a late night, about twenty past eleven in the evening. A young Sally Fisher was sitting in his room. Or so his father assumed. It didn't matter anyway, Sal was a good child and despite what had happened, he wasn't exactly chaotic as it was.

Henry normally went to bed a while after his son. But when he did, Sal was usually awake from nightmares or, for a short period of time, fast asleep. Which wasn't necessarily too bad.

At the time, nobody, not even Henry, had considered Sal's mental health. Not even thinking about the traumatic experiences he had been through at the age of eight alone. And besides, living in New Jersey was...scary. That's a simple way to put it. Scary. It would be a mortifying life for any child, nevermind someone who had been through as much mentally shattering as Sal had.

11:25.

Henry decided to go to bed, but he checked up on his son before he did so. There was a small sound of glass shattering and Henry burst into the room in worry. Maybe someone had broken in. But no. That wasn't the case at all.

That was the sound of a young Sal Fisher, heavily throwing his prosthetic face at a mirror, his face streaming with blood and tears. He proceeded to hit himself a few more times, yet more thick red blood dripping down his cheek.

Almost immediately the eight year old boy turned to his father. And when he was questioned intensely about it, all he could say was the truth.

"If you hit people, they get sad and go away. I thought if I hit the scars on my face then they would go away too."

The mirror was shattered. Fragments were all over his room. And a chunk of his prosthetic, more specifically the light pink part, had been snapped off. He would have to tape that back on later.

Everything hurt. Even breathing pained him. He just wanted to die. To leave this world and all of the pain that this cruel world had caused him behind. Sal began to mutter things under his breath.

"This is all my fault, dad. I shouldn't have done this, dad. I'm sorry, dad. I can't handle this, dad. Please, dad. Kill me."