tiger eyes

I came to school and noticed that the girl from Literature class was also in my other classes. If she wasn’t seated beside me, she would choose the chair behind me which is very weird. And I just noticed that almost all of the time she wore her hair in pigtails, which exactly looked like circular brushes used in cleaning cars. Why does she wear it like that? 

Anyway, going back, students cursed every chair that was behind me (or sometimes even everything that surrounds me or touched by me). It’s either stinky because of me or broken because of me. None of these were true, of course. I still have a reputation. But only I, myself was aware of it. They just really like to make fun of every single me. For no reason, apparently.

--

It's geometry and I can't stop looking at the time. I just want to go home right now and lock myself in my room and drown myself to loud music. I am so bored and sleepy and when I'm bored or sleepy or both, I usually zone out and imagine how things work for the less fortunate. And by less fortunate, I meant people who are even unluckier than me. Like conjoined twins. What if their shared body part is their butt? What if one had to shit? Are there specially designed toilets for two people who share the same butt? And if one had to shit, what would the other one do? 

"Alfred? Mr. Harington, yoo-hoo. Wake up, daydreamer",

Laughter broke in as I come back to my senses. Mr. Fredricksen must have noticed that I was not with him. 

"Try to keep up, will ya? A man who wants to pass don't fly around outside like a birdy."

The laughter became louder. I wanted to throw a gas bomb so I can escape the room without anyone seeing me. But instead, calm words from stupid thoughts were thrown.

"Yes. I'm sorry Mr. Fredricksen."

I had no choice. My code is not to get into something - to anything, even. And I can't break it unless I want to see myself burning. Or choking (to death). So the laughter finally stopped. For a moment, I thought it was never gonna end. Then, Mr. Fredricksen started to teach about circles again. God. I wish pizza were a shape too. 

"Alfred, huh?"

A soft voice came from my back. How the hell did that happen? Must be Literature girl. WELL, THIS IS AWKWARD. 

I slowly shifted my body. Slow enough so that no one can notice that I am about to chat with an actual person in this very room.

I looked at her. I studied her face. She's whiter than she seems and her face was so clean. She had blazing emerald-ish eyes. The ones that kinda looked like a tiger's.

Now, I just realized how pretty she was.

She smiled.