hanging

"I'm Wendy"

she said, smiling. Why the hell is she smiling? She offered her hand for a shake. I stared at it. Then I stared at her. I realized I was staring too long so I looked at the floor while my body was facing my south-east direction. Should I shake it? It seemed so... foreign... and lame.

I can say she's still waiting.

Damn it. I can't shake it. 

I wanted to do things but there are times in life when your body won't cooperate. Like it's under some sort of paralysis. I just faced the dusty blackboard full of circles and Pi's and Mr. Fredricksen's crappy handwritting. I sighed. Then I promised myself that that was the last human contact for this day, as much as possible. God. I wish I was Jimmy Fallon who had the gift of gab.

KRRIIIIIIIIIING!

Lunch break. Finally. 

As usual, I picked the table at the corner of the cafeteria, - the table which no one dares to take, but me -  a.k.a., Al's table. Today they were serving mexican food. I got beans and quesadillas because those where the only safe mexican food here in Laker's High. Last time I ate chili and nachos, I almost shat my pants. It's a good thing there was a faculty development meeting during that time and they dismissed us early. I cannot imagine what would just happen if I stayed in school.

"Hey"

It's Literature girl again. Wendy? And this time she sat at my table. At Al's table. I just ignored her and kept on eating my quesadillas (with lots of cheese on it and no meat). God, what is she up to? Is she some kind of spy from the other side? Is she a student sent by the guidance counselor to observe me? Is this another prank? I do not know and I am not feeling good about this. She’s just so... I don't know. She acts like we've known each other since Mark Hamil was Luke Skywalker. 

I immediately left the table when I finished my quesadilla. I put my headphones on and "That Girl" by All Time Low played. 

~ Left me on the street in the middle of winter

My frostbite heart says, "Try to forget her"

Heh. She's not even in my head, why would I forget her?

Miss that kiss, but I'll always remember

That girl (That girl)

Nope.

Said, "No, kid, not tonight

You're not that cool; no, you're not my type"

Sure.

She's beautiful, but she's cold as ice

I'm still hanging on... ~

I headed to the school park and from there, I waited for my next class.