Chapter 3

"I just don't think I can do it anymore Oz."

An audible breath escaped the old huntsmen's mouth.

"I knew you might come to feel this way before long." He fixed the position of his glasses as he spoke.

"I'm just tired of it. Not the Grimm, the people. I know there are a lot of bad people out there, but I just. . . ."

"Ms. Rose. What you do is vital. I'm well aware I'm asking a lot of you. I do it because I believe you are one of the few capable. You volunteered for this in the beginning. What changed?"

"At first it was difficult. I believed after the first one I would become a little number to it. I was wrong. I remember each and every one of them. Their faces, their breathing, their words. How can I look my little sister and her friends in the eye with pride? I know my reputation for dealing with Grimm is what led to my notoriety, but none of them know about the real mission behind all of them. Every interviewer and reporter talk about my kindness and compassion, would they still say those things if they knew how many people I killed?"

"Do you feel what you're doing is wrong?"

"That's just it. I believe it's not. There are more bad people in this world that I can count, but how can I take pride in it? I came here to say I'm taking a break. I don't want to take any missions for a little while. I want to spend time with my family. It makes me sick knowing what I'm hiding from them. I want to ask if there is any way I can stay here for a little while. I'm not quit ready to face Tai yet."

"Did he find out?" Ozpin stopped as he was about to take a drink from his signature coffee mug.

"Killed a small crime syndicate that was hiding out near Patch. I was pretty tired so I stopped in when I thought nobody was home to take a break. He walked in on me cleaning blood off Crescent in the kitchen sink. I never thought I could scare him like that. Left before he could even ask for an explanation."

"I see. Well, of course you know how your reputation is. I'm sure the students would enjoy a few lessons from the strongest Huntress on Remnant. If you're willing to supplement a few lessons, then I'd be willing to let you stay here. Your sisters team situation has left an empty bed in their room, help yourself. Stay as long as you need. I understand how these things come to weigh heavy on a person. I went through something similar, all the circle has. Feel free to talk to any of us if you need. Even though you graduated, it seems we can teach you a few more things."

Ruby picked herself up from her seat. A smile of relief rested on her face.

"Thank you, Oz. I might take you up on that."

Heavy eyes slowly opened, struggling to overpower the sleep that remained in them. Silver scanned the room, directly across from her on the top bunk blonde hair lay sprawled all over a pillow, snores seemingly vibrated the dorm room.

"Some things never change." Ruby smiled at her younger sister as she swung her legs over the edge and jumped down.

Taking a moment more to look at Weiss, Ruby saw her sleeping calmly. Blake lie in a similar state but had a pair of earmuffs on.

"Yup, seems about right." She thought as she made her way to the bathroom, intent on a shower to start her day.

Not long after Ruby retreated into the restroom the B of team WYB (Web) began to stir. Blake quickly shook the sleep away as she rose her head from her pillow. Her feet pressed into the cool silk of the carpet below. Blake took a moment to revel in the feeling of the carpet against her bare feet. It was like a small brush massaging her skin to greet the day. Each step brought her closer and closer to fully awake. Her hand gripped cool metal and turned, she pulled and felt a brush of warm wind hit her like a truck. For a moment it made her want to do nothing more than crawl into the warmth of her bed for just a moment more. Taking in the warmth Blake failed to notice the bare figure of her senior standing at the sink.