Chapter 4 - DK [I Don't]

It was the night before the wedding. You were stuck at the rehearsal dinner. Looking around at the room full of smiling faces made you sick to your stomach. Why? Because you were the only one who was secretly wishing some major catastrophe would occur and stop the wedding from happening.

You were unhappy the moment you were invited then miserable when you were asked to be the maid of honor. The bride was a close friend of yours but not close enough for her to offer you such a position. You knew this had to be his doing. The groom, Kim Donghyuk, was also a close friend of yours. The two of you were even closer than anyone suspected.

The two of you were friends for a long time. After spending so much time together Donghyuk came to realize he had feelings for you but it was a little too late. He already had a girlfriend, one who loved and adored him but that didn't stop him from acting on his feelings and sleeping with you.

Donghyuk noticed the paleness of your skin and the downcast glance you gave everyone. "Excuse me" he excused himself from the conversation he was pretending to enjoy and went over to you. "Is this seat taken?"

"No" you sighed allowing him to sit beside you.

"Y/N are you okay?"

That question reminded you how out of place you were. All day people came up to ask if you were tired or feeling unwell. Of course, you couldn't answer truthfully so you forced your lips to curve up and repeat, "I'm fine."

"Don't lie to me. I know you better than that."

"I'm just stressed, that's all." You decided to lie to him but at the same time get some things off your chest. "Being maid of honor is difficult. She had me running around all day today and I finally got to sit down. I wonder why she chose me when I don't have any interest in these kinds of things." You took a quick look at him expecting him to look away in guilt. "Was it you who suggested I be the maid of honor?"

"Sorry" he apologized with a sheepish smile. Donghyuk was guilty of what you accused him of. He knew the maid of honor was involved in nearly every moment, event, and preparation of the wedding. He wanted you to be close because he wanted you to stop him. "Was it really that bad?"

You rolled your eyes, not in annoyance but to express just how difficult of a trial it had been to serve as a maid of honor. "Six hours Donghyuk, she had me locked up in a bridal dress boutique for six hours as she tried on dresses. She asked for opinions but didn't listen to a single one. She could have gone alone." Looking around the room you noticed no one was looking in your direction or his. They were all fixated on the beautiful blushing bride-to-be that walked around the dining hall showing her sparkly engagement ring to those who hadn't seen it yet. "She was really demanding but she has every right to be." She had turned into a bridezilla because she was trying to make her wedding day the best day of her life. Everyone deserved that. "Must be nice getting married to the person you love." You starred at her feeling envious of her smile and disgusted by your malicious thoughts.

"Yeah, it must be." Donghyuk stared at you thinking how happy he would be if the person he were marrying tomorrow was you. He was constantly recalling the sound of your heavy breathing, the way his name sounded coming from your lips, and the way he had experienced complete happiness with you for one night only.

The next day you were up at the crack of dawn. Being the maid of honor was a real pain in your ass at this point. You were getting tired of the phone calls and running around to do things for someone who was responsible for the pain you were feeling in your chest.

"Y/N!"

You were taken out of your thoughts by the loud shriek. "Coming!" You responded. "Sorry, I'll be back" you had to stop the makeup artist from doing her job so you could run out and see what bridezilla wanted. "What is it?"