"The Painful Truth"

By the time Lebkuchen had gone back home, her father was still there.
Lebkuchen was fearful of what her father would do to her.
Would he hurt her again just like he had done earlier?
Lebkuchen also had just ran away from Elise's home.
Lebkuchen had to process so much of what was happening at once.
She was terrified to go inside the home, and what would her father would think.
But at the same time, she had ran away from the cottage where Elise was without telling her she was leaving.
Would Elise even wonder or even worry that she was still okay?
Lebkuchen was however grateful that Elise had bandaged the wound for her. If Elise had not covered the wound, Lebkuchen would have gotten an infection and likely die.
Lebkuchen observed the area around her and noted that it was mostly silent, eerily quiet.
Like it was a ghost town. Barely anyone was up by now.
Most people would have been asleep by now since it was night time now.
She had now decided that she would, but cautiously go inside.
After all, she didn't really have a choice in the matter.
She was just a child in the end, and running away wouldn't really help her at all.
Lebkuchen carefully opened the door quietly, making sure she wasn't making any loud noise.
The inside looked as the usual, some part of the wood rotting away on the walls, the fireplace and more.
However, from all of the usual parts of the inside, Lebkuchen noticed a figure standing there, waiting for her.
It was her father. Her father's look was one of anger.
Her father was standing up, as if expecting Lebkuchen to say something.
However, Lebkuchen felt intimated and terrified from the way he was standing and his looks.
Her father was now shouting at her, saying she shouldn't had run away.
And then the cold words came out of his mouth, that she was worthless, a no good daughter, and more.
Her hearing these words made her felt empty and hopeless.
Her father now came up to her and brutally slapped her in the face,she had now fallen down near the fireplace.
Lebkuchen now had begun to cry, the slap had left a handprint on her face, the slap felt like it was stinging.
Her father was still standing and looking at her with cold eyes, like as if Lebkuchen was just a rock and nothing more.
Her father then seemed to stepped back, but not without cold eyes-and went into her mother's bedroom.
Lebkuchen however, was still crying, wondering what she had done to deserve all of this.
She wished this was all but a nightmare she had simply dreamt of.
But it was not, this was reality.
The cold truth of what had become her life.
"The Past"
She had just woken up, she was near the fireplace, the fire had gone out, just like Lebkuchen's reality when her mother died so suddenly.
She realized she had fallen asleep without knowing it. She must had fallen asleep at least some time after she started crying.
She quickly got up, realizing it was now daytime.
The sun was bright as usual, glimmering in the sky like pure gold.
However the light did nothing to fill her face or her heart.
Her light was already extinguished, which was her mother.
She felt now as if no one could ever be that light like her mother was.
Would anyone even care for Lebkuchen anymore?
She now had touched part of her face and quickly pulled her hand away when she realized part of her face was still stinging.
Part of the handprint was still there, given from her father. The pain felt like someone had just stabbed her face.
However, she quickly remembered what had happened last night,her father went into the bedroom.
Lebkuchen quickly went to the bedroom. And when she went in, her mother's corpse was nowhere to be seen.
She started to panic. What happened to the corpse? Did someone break into the house?
Then she realized that her mother must had been buried last night, by her father.
After realizing that her mother was buried, Lebkuchen felt sorrow and sadness.
Her mother was no longer here with her. She would never comfort Lebkuchen again, she would never have happiness with her mother again, and worst of all, she could never see her ever again.
All of this now was all now but a memory of the past.