1

Gowon walked around the dust filled school looking for the free chicken nuggets Yves had texted her about.

She had been looking everywhere for them and her phone battery was almost running out since she had to use her phone's flashlight because the lights were off.

Isn't this kind of sketchy?

Gowon didn't care if it was sketchy or not she just wanted free food.

Gowon began to head towards the common room.

As she opened the door to the common room she saw pieces of dust fall down.

"What are the cleaners even doing seriously?" Gowon said as she reached for a chair.

"Was Yves joking with me when she texted me that?" Gowon questioned herself as she sat down on one of the chairs in the room.

Gowon felt hungry. She seriously expected free chicken nuggets. She was tired of burning every single thing she tried to cook.

She even burnt her microwaveable pizza in the microwave. She didn't even know you could do that!

Gowon was about to get up and leave before she almost had an heart attack when she heard the door open.

Gowon saw a tall girl walk confidently in. Her facial expressions made it seem like she was annoyed.

"Hey", she said as she walked over towards Gowon. Her facial expressions seemed to lighten up now that she saw that she wasn't alone.

"Gowon, right?" She continued.

Gowon nodded "You?"

"I'm Olivia Hye, just call me Olivia though", she said grabbing a chair to sit down onto.

"What are you doing here all alone. School ended two hours ago?" Olivia asked Gowon as she sat down

"My friend texted me and told me that there was going to be free chicken nuggets handed out at school but apparently she was joking, you though?" Gowon was frustrated and hungry.

"I did some extra assignments to improve my grades but all the doors were locked when I tried to open them" Olivia made up a quick lie.

"Locked? The main entrance door is always open though let's go" Gowon grabbed Olivia's arm pulling her towards the hallway.

Gowon didn't really like the dark. She found it quite scary so she grabbed onto Olivia.

The only light they got as they walked through the corridor was the moonlight from the windows. It wasn't much though.

After walking for not very long they arrived at the main entrance.

The main entrance door was a pretty big glass door.

Olivia calmly tried to open the door but it wouldn't budge. She tried to pull it harder the next time and harder the third time but it wouldn't budge.

"I don't think it will open. Don't bother to try" Gowon said as she read all the anti-bullying posters the school had put on the walls.

"What else should we do then, Gowon?" Olivia looked annoyed but Gowon didn't seem to care about Olivia's mood.

"I guess we'll have a sleepover at the school then" Gowon said sarcastically.

"But seriously let's do something I'm bored and hungry. Do you think it's illegal to break into the school's lunch halls? I'm legitimately going to die of starvation" Gowon said as she began to walk towards the lunch hall.

Olivia ran after her until they arrived at the lunch hall. Gowon tried to open the door while Olivia was busy admiring the schoolyard from a window.

"Come on, did they seriously have to lock the doors to the lunch hall. I'm hungry" Gowon said as she pulled the door handle.

"I think I have a bag of chips in my locker. Want some?" Olivia just remembered.

"Of course, let's go" Gowon pulled Olivia with her. They walked up the stairs to go to the locker halls"

Gowon played with the locks of the lockers she passed while Olivia looked around her lock for the chips.

Olivia threw the bag. The bag crashed into Gowon's head but later landed onto the floor.

Gowon wasn't mad about the throw. She just wanted to eat it straight away.

Gowon selfishly opened the bag and began to chug into it.

"You want some?" Gowon said as she sat down while leaning her back against locker number 71.

"No, I'm good" Olivia crawled up next to her watching her eat the chips.