Prologue

Flashback: 12 years ago

~~~

Have you ever just wondered why they bully you? Is it jealously? Hatred? Possibly... love? No. Can't be. Impossible.

Buffy Driscoll has been bullied by the same guy for as long as she can remember. Every time she thinks about him...she gags. Marty O'Niell, 17, a grade ahead of her, but can still find ways to bother her.

It all started when Buffy was 4, before her mother left. It was a sunny day, Buffy and her parents, Pat and Mike, were sitting on a bench near the playground where Buffy was playing and saw two kids playing.

One was a girl with short hair, almost like boy's hair. And the other was a boy who was very cautious about his surroundings. She ran up to them.

"Hi! What's your names?"she asked.

"Hey! I'm Andi and that's Cyrus,"the girl had replied to her. She smiled.

"Do you guys want to be friends?"she asked.

"Sure! That would be great!"Andi said while Cyrus just nodded his head shyly.

"Sorry, don't mind him, he's just very shy ,"she said.

"It's Ok,"she replied and then almost all the kids were hiding.

"Oh no, he's here,"Andi said and looked at Cyrus. They both ran away and hid too. I was all alone and my parents were too involved in their own conversation to notice.

Then I saw a kid and he looked older than me and was a few inches taller than me. He had a mean look on his face. I started to feel intimidated.

He had brown hair and had chocolate brown eyes. I kind of liked how they looked in the sun.

"Beat it,"he simply said.

"No way, I came to play and have fun, who are you anyway?"I asked, looking so fierce.

"Marty O'Niell and I own this playground, now if you don't leave, I will make your life miserable,"he said.

For the last time I said,"No."

Then he kicked me and I fell to the ground and he said,"You are such a worthless girl, I hope your life sucks and you die one day." Him saying that brought tears to my eyes and I wailed.

Then my parents ran up to me and he ran away. I had gotten a big bruise on my knee. And after that, I never forgot who he was.

~~~

End of Flashback

💞Buffy💞