Chapter 1: A New Year

Your POV

BEEP BEEP 

Slamming my hand on the alarm clock that sat on the nightstand next to my bed I sat up. I groaned heavily as I looked at the red numbers on the screen as it showed the time. 4:45 am. Heaving a sigh I laid down rather quickly and stared at the ceiling. Today was my first day working as a nurse at the Death Weapon Meister Academy. I had originally wanted to be a biology teacher or something of that sort, but the school was in need of another nurse. 

Since the original nurse, the one that was named "Medusa" had been fired on account of being a witch and awakening the Kishin... Asura. Sitting up I threw the covers off of my legs and hung them over the side of my bed. Standing I moved to the door as I flicked the light switch and looked around the small room. I quickly gathered the clothes that I needed before I headed to the bathroom for a long hot shower that was needed to wake me up the rest of the way. 

I had to get to school early for a quick meeting. Lord Death said that it would be good for me to get to know my coworkers and let them know that I would be arriving. Something I was sure they would already have known by now or at least would when I walked into the infirmary. Shaking my head I pulled my long chestnut brown hair out of the loose bun that it was in and sighed stripped myself of my clothing as I stepped into the hot water. 

Doing my usual routine I got out after I was done and made my way downstairs as I patted a towel against my hair in an attempt to dry the thick and heavy mess. Turning the corner for my kitchen after I hit the bottom of the stairs I flicked the light on and made a b line for my coffee pot. Quickly pouring a mug full of the liquid gold I leaned on my counter as I was surrounded by silence. A construct that has the ability to strike fear in some people and worry in others. 

For me, however. Silence has never been an enemy of mine. It lets me think. How would I be able to hear myself think if there was total chaos around me? I would go insane before I could hear a single word of thought. I listened to my clock tick away the time as it was nearing the time that I would have to head to the school. Transferring my coffee to a to-go mug I slipped into my regular shoes as I wore a lab coat and your basic scrubs to work. Being a nurse meant that I didn't have to wear dressy clothes to work, something that I was thankful for. 

Making my way to the school a few alarms could be heard from the street as more students were starting to rise for their first day of the school year. I'm sure I would see most of them in the infirmary from their missions and battles that they would have. Some even from training. Stirring my coffee I shook my head at the thought. I sighed gently before I took a sip and made my way up the stairs. A feat that would be more difficult if I had heels on. 

I scanned my ID card to unlock the door before I put it back in my lab coat pocket and stepped inside. Lord Death had told me to go straight to the Death Room once I had arrived, there I would be able to meet the rest of the staff. Knocking on the door of the Death Room it moved a little before I walked in and rose a brow gently. I followed the path to the center of the room where Lord Death and a few other teachers stood on his platform. 

I walked up the small number of steps and looked at the Shinigami. "Hello, Hello! You must be the new nurse, (y/n)." he said and I gave a small nod. "I brought a couple other teachers and faculty to meet you on your first day. Hopefully, here you'll feel welcome." he said and I put my hand in my lab coat pocket as I stood there and glanced to the others. 

A blonde walked up to me first. "Hi, I'm Marie" she said as she took my hand and shook it quickly. "I'm Naigus. I'll be working with you in the infirmary." I followed the voice and my eyes stopped on a woman covered in bandages. 

"I'm Lord Death's personal Death Scythe, but you can call me Spirit" the man with the fiery red hair with blue eyes. "This is Stein." he said as he motioned towards the taller man next to him. He wore a lab coat as I did. 

I nodded gently at them before I hummed gently. "If you'll excuse me now, I'm sure I have somethings I have to do in the infirmary," I said as I turned on my heels and walked out of the Death Room. Following the signs on the walls, I was able to find the infirmary. I was given an extra set of keys to get in and lock up when  I was here early or stayed late. Using those I made my way in before I sat at the spare desk and put my coffee down. 

Moving the mouse on the desk I woke up the computer. The data that was on the computer told me what kind of medicine I could prescribe to the students in the school. Rolling my chair over to the filing cabinet, I unlocked and opened the drawer labeled "A-B". Only two letters? How many students are in this school? 

I grabbed a small stack and closed it before I went back to my desk and started to read the files. I came upon one file for a Maka Albarn. From my understanding, her father was none other than Lord Death's personal weapon. The redhead that had looked me up and down. She is a meister with a Grigori soul.  Interesting, a Grigori soul. That is a rather rare soul type. Something that is only read about in textbooks that cover Soul Studies. 

I was torn from my thoughts as someone was thrown through the door and into the wall. Standing I made my way to the door to see a kid with blue hair. "Blackstar, you didn't have to use so much force!" I stopped to see the boy's weapon appeared next to him. "You heard what he said to me, Tsubaki. He deserved it" he said as he looked to the calmer girl who only sighed and walked off with him. I looked at the boy as I sighed heavily. It was only the first day and school hasn't even officially started yet and there was already a student in the infirmary. Looks like I'll have my work cut out for me already.