Chapter 2

I look out the window to see a huge Spanish- style mansion come into my view. To my surprise, our limo stops right in front. "David, why did we stop here?" I ask. "This is the Espinosa residence; where Matthew lives." David replies. I hope out of the car with David and my mom at my heels. David and I head to the back to get my luggage while my mom rushes towards a lady that I assume is Matt's mom. I slowly head over to my mom. "Hello honey, I'm Matt's mother. Its nice to meet you" the woman says. "Its nice to meet you too Mrs. Espinosa" I reply. "Oh please! Call me Michelle!" She counters back. I just nod and smile. We have been standing in their driveway for about 10 minuets now. I have just been standing here and listening. I start to kick around pebbles that were laying on the ground when I hear a door slam shut. I look up to see him, Matthew Lee Espinosa. Your probably wondering how I know his full name since I have only seen him once or twice before. There is a simple explanation: I watch his vines. I know what your thinking, why do I watch someone that I dislike so much's vines? Well Matts never been mean to me and I have to admit, he is really funny. Anyway, back to Matt. He has two suitcases and a backpack and is heading our way with a sour look on his face. "Mom, why do I have to take her with me again?" He complains. "How rude of you Matthew! She is a friend and I'm sure you two will have lots of fun together this summer! In sorry about that honey" his mom snaps. "Its ok Michelle" I reassure her. "Look at the time! You kids have to leave now. Michelle and I are going to catch up so I will just have David drive you! Goodbyes sweetheart!"my mom says to me. "Bye mom! I will miss you!" I say while hugging her. I groan as I RELOAD my bags into the limo. Sometimes I swear I am too lazy, but hey, there is nothing wrong with some food and the TLC channel. I hop into the limo and wait for Matt to say goodbye and load his stuff in the back. Quickly the door opens and in he walks, or sits, or slides, I don't even know. I wave to my mom as we pull away and head towards the highway. "Sorry about earlier; its just that this is the only time I get to see my friends and I didn't really want someone to tag along" Matt says as he turns to me. "Believe me, I didn't want to come. Its not you, just your friends. Maybe it will be a better trip if we get to know each other." I say. He nods in agreement. "We should play 20 questions on the plane." He suggests. I agree as we pull up to our terminal. "Thanks David!" I call as he unloads our bags and we begin to walk away. We go through security and all that stuff. We make it right on time and head straight onto the plane to our first class seats. As the plane takes off, we start to play. Matt turns out to be really nice and we are becoming closer with each question. "Im getting really tired, Matt" I say as I yawn. "Its ok princess. You go to sleep and I will wake you up when we are there." He says. We have become like brother and sister; no funny business with the whole "princess" thing. "Thanks Matt" I reply as I put in my headphones and start to drift off to sleep. "Maybe this summer wont be that bad" I think to myself.