"Find someone desperate enough"

I watch as a kid hollers in joy as they go down the zip line, I shade my eyes with my hand and peer at the high post I would need to climb, just to get to the top. There's no way in hell I'm gonna chicken outta this one.

I walk up to the ladder thingy and tap Conrad's shoulder, stopping him from making out with a random girl i'm guessing.

"What's goin' on lil' buddy. You ready? This is gonna be fun don't worry." he straps me up and I smile gratefully and start up the ladder. I look down and see how high I was already. I squeaked in surprise and close my eyes tight and continue to climb up. I make it to the top and see the girl from the dining hall who had rejected the red haired kid. I smile at her as Logan gives her the a-ok. She pushes off with a grunt and Logan begins to hook me up onto the zip line.

I hear someone walk up beside me and say, "Mh-hmm, wassup girl i'm Dariush." I scoff at the boy and glare at him. Boys really don't know a thing about boundaries, do they? "Is this a layover cause we're makin' that connection, you feel me?" He tries to act sexy and use his cheesy pick up lines. I don't know where he heard that line from but if he's used it more than once I feel bad for every girl whose heard it. But ZhenZhen was gone so it was my turn I adjust it a little with Logan's help and turn to Dariush.

"Ya no, I don't feel you sorry. Maybe try hitting on someone who is desperate enough to date you? That might work." I wink at him as Logan gives me a thumbs up and I leave down the zip line, smiling and yelling "woo hoo" all the way down.

***

I'm back at camp with my cabin, a bunch of girls who were into girly shit or something like that. I decide to walk around and find red head with ZhenZhen on the bridge. Well not technically next to each other but close enough. I smile at them and walk away sitting next to Logan and Carl.

"Wassup lil' T? first day of camp good?" Carl asks, taking a bite of his food.

"It's alright, not what I had had in mind but, it's alright." I smile at the two men and take a bite of my own food. In all honesty my parents had two reasons of sending me here; to deal with their shit and for me to make friends. I'm not very good at making friends, all the friends i've had have either backstabbed or just plain ditched me.

"Don't worry T-Dog, you'll do great here at this camp. The way you dealt with that douche kid on the zip line was dope." Logan smiles at me and pats my back. "Curfew is in twenty minutes, we're going canoeing tomorrow so be ready!" Logan yells after him and Carl get up and go to the counselor  cabin. I finish and head back to my cabin, jumping into bed and drifting off into a deep sleep.

***

I walk down the dirt path towards the vans, running into the red head and ZhenZhen on the way. I smile shyly at them and get shoved immediately after.

"Move! Shotgun!" Dariush runs pat us as I glare at him, silently cursing under my breath. I walk towards the last van and hop in next to ZhenZhen. Some short while after Dariush hops in as well and shoves the ginger. "Alright y'all, the king is back! Alright, scoot over, man. Move man! My nuts is hot."

"Sorry!" the red head gasps out scooting over more.

"C'mon man your making me chafe, scoot over!"

Logan hits the outside of the van and hollers, "Hope y'all ain't afraid of sharks!"

"Did he just say sharks?" I question looking over to ZhenZhen for confirmation. She just shrugs and continues to look forward.

"Put y'all seatbelt on." Logan says getting into the drivers seat. "Cause' my license suspended." I glance nervously at the red head and he returns the look.

"By the way," he whispers, "I'm Alex."

"Tori."

"Wait, your license is suspended?" Dariush asks worriedly.

"Just a lil' bit." Logan confirms nonchalantly.

"What does that even mean?"

"It means, let's not get pulled over." And with that we drive off.

  ***