Chapter-2: Fate

Chapter-2

Gary left for his office. Victor was still doing the dishes. After around five minutes he sat down on the table to munch in a toast. As he was eating, he thought about that journey which changed his entire life.

Victor was a free man who didn't have any big stuffs to do. He got his book and ate in the couch. Victor was more into fantasies than the reality. He always read about ponies, the cloud castle, princess books. But, Victor was a strong and brave man. He would oppose anyone whom he thinks is bad. He has a good verbal communication and is able to make easy friends but he hasn't been working around with his social skills nor does he think of developing it. He would've been rich and famous if it was not for his past. Gary was the only one who knew about the true identity of Victor  and his past.

"T-R-I-I-I-N-G" the doorbell rang.

Victor wondered of the possible strangers who would visit his house.
Victor never took a loan from anyone except from his best friend Gary, to whom he owed his life. What Victor is now was because of what Gary was then.

Victor got up from his couch and went towards the door slowly. He peeked out and saw a nice beautiful figure of a lady. Victor liked her appearance, though he wasn't fascinated by women. He immediately opened the door to let her inside.
As soon as the door opened, they both locked eyes and stood there staring at each other for a moment. Love was clearly flowing in their blood but no one shook. Victor didn't try to speak to her. He was keen to keep his eyes wide open and do not waste even a single second by turning away. Time flew by and someone had to break the silence.

The lady coughed and Victor was now back to his senses.

"Come in Madame" he welcomed her in a Russian tone which almost frightened the young lady.
She didn't smile, instead she had an awkward look on her face as she entered the house. Victor was able to decipher that she didn't like the Russian accent. She sat down on the small sofa made of wood. Victor still had his eyes on the lady. The lady was also fascinated by the handsome, but a rather older guy. Victor didn't think of what to do next, he was just staring at her.

"Coffee?" Victor was finally able to break his captivation.
"No thanks. I'm a tea person." she replied.
"Then Tea?"
"Nope. I don't drink hot beverages in this summer"
"What about Cola?" he asked.
"I can't refuse that" she said it with a small smile.

Victor went into the kitchen to pour out a glass of cola for her. Though Victor didn't like to talk to girls or know about them, he was interested into this young lady, he also knew that the little conversation he made with that young lady was able to pull her towards him. The question of who the young lady was and why she had come to him didn't ring a bell in his mind. His mind was now concentrating on pouring the cola into the glass carefully. He poured down two beer mugs of cola and served it to her.

"Here you go" he gave her the glass and she took it, rather shyly.
The two locked their eyes together and started drinking the cola as slow as a couple in a cafe coffee day.

"What is your name miss. Cuteness?" Victor asked, by which the lady was flattered.

Victor was able to notice her bright red cheeks. It was obvious.

"Lithia" she replied.

The science genius in Victor thought about the element Lithium and how reactive it was. Though he thought that her name was a little too awkward he liked it.

"So Lithia" he gave a short pause and continued, "what brings a cute little girl here?"

She stared him for a while and looked away towards the window. She got up from the sofa and walked towards the window and opened it.

"Why do you keep you windows closed" Lithia asked.
"Because I love the darkness"  Victor replied.
"And why is that so?"

Victor could now not maintain his eye lock. He bowed and looked down. There grew a sad tone within himself.

"Because of my past" he uttered.
"The dance?" lithia asked immediately.

Victor saw Lithia, similar to a small child who looked up to his mother.

"How...How do you... How do you know?" blabbered Victor.

Lithia looked up. She was gazing at the clouds which were flowing in the stream of sky.

"sometimes life doesn't look at you the way you look at it" she continued, "you have to think about the future, cry for a little more time, get up and fight back."

She was now looking at Victor and smiled.

"You have to grow up Victor"  she said.
"how do you know my name?" Victor asked.
"I'm destined to be your protector, to be your slave cause you are my mighty commander. You are my husband and this was decided when you were born.
I'm Lithia of The Rebels"

"You... You are from The Rebels?" Victor asked.

"Yes. We are a match made in the stars and I'm here to protect you from the mighty lords. I'm destined to"

Victor was not able to understand any thing that she had said, but he knew one thing for sure, that the pretty young lady was going to marry him and they would live a beautiful life together.

"So are we going to marry each other?" Victor asked.
"That's how it is supposed to be. But things have changed."

Lithia looked up the sky sensing the troubles that were going to come along their way.