Chapter-3: Adopted

"Good morning sunshine" said Snow's mother as he woke up from his bed and came down to the table. Snow was 17 and was from a royal family of The Carls.

The Carls were a big business family who sold products made of leather. James Carl and Jerry Carl were the ones to succeed their father, Matty Carl.

James was five years younger than Jerry. Snow was brought into the house 10 years after Jerry's birth. Snow knew that he was adopted and had restricted himself many times from the luxuries his brothers would get. The brothers liked Snow and shared everything with him which he refused always. Still Snow was always grateful of The Carls for taking care of him.

He always remembered about the toy car which he had seen in a toy shop when he was eight. He wanted that car so much but he didn't want his parents to spend money for him. He didn't want to burden his parents. So he just kept looking at it and came home. The next day he got up with the same toy car next to him on his bed. He was surprised but also felt sad that because of him, his parents had to buy him that toy car. From that day he decided that he would repay his parents for whatever they did and help them in every possible way.

"Good morning mom" he called her mom because he didn't want to upset her, "What's for breakfast?"

His mom gave him a stare and looked up the wall behind Snow. He traced her eyes and looked back to the clock which showed "11:30".

He was still staring at the clock when his mom interrupted him,
"Breakfast, brunch or lunch?"
"Brunch. Pack me the lunch. I have to go" he replied as soon as possible and ran up to his room.

Snow wasn't his real name. Matty saw Snow in an adoption centre one Christmas. He had gifted all the children there, but there was one baby to whom he had lacked a gift. The baby was still two years and it was standing in the cradle looking at Matty. The baby at that time didn't know what was happening but the look that was cast on Matty was so adorable. Matty couldn't refuse that cute little blue eyes of the baby boy. He didn't have a gift for him, but he really wanted to gift him something. So he adopted the baby. As soon as he came out of the centre a snow flake fell on the baby's face. Thus, he named him Snow.

Siena Carl, his mother, was confused upon Snow's behaviour, but she still made him a small brunch, packed him some bread and vegetables.

Snow ran down to the table. He sat down and started eating the food. It wasn't light nor too heavy. It was perfect for a brunch. Siena sat facing him.

She didn't want to ask him but it got out from her mouth, "Why are you in such a hurry?"

Snow stopped eating, looked at her mother.
He smiled and said, "Mom, I'm doing a part time to close off my debt."
"Did you take a loan from anyone? If u want I can lend you some money."

Snow smiled at his innocent mom and said, "Well, then you are putting me in a much bigger debt mom."

Siena wasn't able to understand what he said. She looked at his smile for a moment and let down a tear, "We didn't ask for a repayment, Snow."
"Well I'm adopted and I'm really grateful for The Carls family to look after me. I know that I can't pay you everything, but I have to payback mom"

His father had done a lot for him. He always wanted to believe that he was from the Carls family, but he wasn't able to. His father never scolded him. As a gratitude of being adopted and sent to a good school, Matty always scored his best. He was always congratulated by his dad.
Once he almost failed in a subject. He was afraid that his dad would lose hope on him. He showed the marks card to his dad with a let down face. Matty looked at Snow and said, "Don't be sad if you fail. Learn where you made the mistake and come out of the failure. I believe in you. You are afterall my son"
That was soothing for him. He never failed in his subjects anymore. He worked harder than before. He loved his dad a lot, for lot of his sacrifices.

He smiled and got up. He picked his lunch and put it in his backpack.
His mother caught his hand and cried. He smiled at his mother and said, "Maybe in the next life, I'm born to you as your own child"
There were tears from Siena's eyes. She left his hand. He walked down the corridor in his sports shoes when his phone started ringing. Siena was watching him as he picked up the call.

"Hello" said Snow.

He listened to the other end carefully and then he kept the call. He saw his mother.

Tears ran down his eyes.

"What happened?" her mom was growing emotional as she ran down to him.
"Father is dead"