Chapter 1 The Oak Tree

"Milena! Come back here!" Connelly roared as I dashed out the backyard gate, his phone in my clutches. I desperately tried to type in his password as my bare feet pounded down the sidewalk away from the house. My naturally curly hot chocolate brown hair fell into my topaz blue eyes, and I frantically tried to push it away. I squealed as I saw a jet black head bobbing towards me when I glanced over my shoulder so I crossed the street to try and throw him off. However it did nothing, for a second later I felt strong muscular arms pull me into a toned chest, lifting me off the ground. Why does he have to be almost five inches taller than me?

"Let me down! Connelly!" I shouted, wriggling in his grasp and holding his phone out of his reach.

"Millie can you please give me my phone back?" He squeezed me a little in a hug. He hadn't called me that in years! He must've really wanted his phone back.

"No!" I yelled, not bringing my arm any closer.

"Really now?" He asked. I rolled my eyes. "What about if I..." He shifted his fingers on my stomach, trailing them lightly across my ticklish skin. My eyes widened.

"You wouldn't dare." I gasped astounded. His olive green eyes held a glint of mischief in them.

"But wouldn't I?" He started tickling my stomach and sides, holding my against him so I couldn't get away. "Con! Hahaha- Con stoppp- ahahha- ALRIGHT ALRIGHT I GIVE UP!"

He stopped tickling me and set me on the ground, but still didn't let me go.

"Alright Con, here's your phone." I huffed. Reluctantly I held the phone over my right shoulder and he snatched it away from me before I could take off again.

"Thank you, Mil," he thanked me in a singsongy voice, bumping his shoulder into mine as we made our way back towards the house.

He brushed his hair out of his face. I giggled and snatched his swinging carmel colored hand in my own, lacing our fingers together. He smiled and stuck his tongue out at me. I scrunched my nose, bunching my freckles together on my creamy skin before I returned the gesture and released his hand.

"Race you back to the house!" I called, taking off before he could protest.

"Not fair!" He laughed behind me, a deep rumble echoing down the street. "You got a head start!"

Oh the adventures I have with Connelly as my best friend.

-------------------------------------

"So what do you wanna do?" Con asked for the zillionth time. He was lying on his back on the bed throwing a baseball just close enough to the ceiling for it to not actually hit the ceiling. I watched him throw the ball up and down a few times, almost at a hypnotic rate.

"Ugh I don't know!" I threw my arms out wide, spinning around in his rolling desk chair.

"Careful Mil, don't hurt yourself." He chuckled as I spun round and round, faster and faster until I got so dizzy I didn't know which way the floor was until I toppled out of the chair.

Luckily Con has quick reflexes and strong arms, so he managed to catch me before I completely face planted into the carpet. "Thanks."

"I told you to be careful!" He scolded, pulling me up to my feet.

"Well I didn't listen did I?" I retorted, pointing to the Con on the left of the three of him I was seeing.

"Mil, I'm over here," The Con on the right chuckled as I almost lost my balance. "Whoa there had too much to drink?" He joked as he steadied me.

I gasped in fake shock and offense as Con's room started to return to normal.

The doubles of his queen bed, football posters, x-box, and tv finally morphed back into one true object and I sighed with relief.