Chapter 1 : Where It All Begins

Olivia's POV

"Miss Olivia," A high-pitch whisper rang into my ears as I opened my eyes. I lifted my head up from the soft pillow I laid myself onto as I let my blonde hair tumbles down like a waterfall. Half-awaken, I looked at the blurry familiar figure in front of me. "Ah, Rose," I said to the girl who is my personal maid in this 'world'. "Good morning," I greeted as I gently rubbed my eyes.

This is Duke Hamilton's residence, located in Roland Kingdom, Hallos Empire. My full name is Olivia Hamilton, the second daughter and the youngest child of the household. I have a sister named Catharina. She is the definition of perfection, that's what people say.

I have a secret. Before obtaining the name Olivia Hamilton, I was Alice Woods , a girl from the 21st century. In my past life, my grades were neither low nor high. I was neither beautiful nor ugly. I led a simple life with both of my parents and a pet dog in a two-floor house. In short, I was just your typical normal girl.

There was one thing that I've regretted the most after my death : Falling in love. Do you know how it feels when your boyfriend cheats on you for another girl and when you know it, they collude with each other to get rid of you? Since that time, I've become unable to believe in others. I realize that I was a fool. To think that I misled my life into darkness which resulted in eternal slumber because of my naivety. Thankfully, God is merciful. I was given the chance to repair my mistakes as Olivia. I have a faint impression of her tragic life. In the end, the poor girl killed herself as she escaped into the forest. Except me, no one were aware of her death. They only knew about her disappearance. By the time they found her, I was her, but they didn't know about that.

"You're ready now, Miss," I snapped out of my thoughts as I heard Rose's voice. I nearly forgot that I was in the middle of preparing myself before meeting the duke and duchess, my current parents. But, as the past Olivia did, I also won't regard them as my parents. Later, you'll know why.

I nodded at Rose before getting up from my chair as she led my way to the dining hall. There, I could see Father, Mother, and Catharina having their meal on the ten meter-long table.

"Good morning, Father, Mother, and Sister," I performed a curtsey before taking a seat beside Catharina.

"How was your sleep, Olive?" asked Mom as she wiped her mouth with napkins.

"I had a pleasant sleep last night. Thank you for asking," I replied.

"It's good that you are here now," Father cleared his throat. "I have something to say to you," He states. "I believe that you've reflected on your mistakes for the past days and know what's right and what's wrong now. I hereby want to tell you that your engagement with Earl Shirley's son is cancelled," He takes a short breath.

"In exchange, you will be betrothed to Duke Harrison's son,"