[Springle] The Car Window

Tap, tap, tap, the rain fell on the dark, dreary night.

The sound of rain tapping against the roof of the car was enough to put the sweet, energetic fox to sleep. O course, she'd been awake for plenty long already.

The others were inside the store, everyone but Springtrap, who decided to be grumpy and not leave. They were buying snacks for the roadtrip. They that leaving her there instead of waking the poor, sleep-deprived girl would be the best option.

An eventful night that was, the animals lost their home. The pizzeria burnt down tragically, almost everyone shed tears.

The petite fox, Mangle, began to stir in her dreams, a sign that she'd be waking up soon. Sighing, the Rabbit who'd been stalking her as she slept, started humming a tune. A tune that caused the fox to smile lightly, and grab the rabbit's scarred, unkempt arm.

This gesture was both confusing and heart-warming to Springtrap. He held her hand to his arm, blush spreading like wildfire across his green-ish face. This was the first time the rabbit felt happy, the feeling causing butterflies to flutter through his stomach. It seemed truly wonderous and peculiar, yet satisfying to him.

The fox opened her eyes, and cringed, pulling her hand away as if she'd just rejected a marriage proposal, "I'm sorry!" She yelped. Truth be told, Mangle was somewhat afraid of the rabbit. His appearance didn't help in the slightest.

The feeling faded from Springtrap, as well as the light blush that appeared. These emotions were soon mixed and replaced with emptiness and dread, not uncommon to the grumpy rabbit, "I-I uh- it's . . . Fine." Responded the withered spring bunny.

Mangle gave an apologetic smile, scooting away to the car window seat. She held a hand to the glass, the frost stinging yet comforting in a strange way.

This was the start of an awkward, ambient silence that left only the sound of the rain. The drops that once put the fox to sleep kept her awake. The drops that once kept the rabbit awake, now made him want to sleep.

To him, sleep was dreadful, but now it seemed better in these circumstances than being awake. Being awake and having to think about the embarrassing 'moment' the two polar opposite animals shared.

And with those thoughts, he lay awake, just on the opposite side of the car, yet feeling so distant from the fox. He drifted off the sleep, silently hoping for history to repeat itself, eith a better ending.

Tap, tap, tap, the rain fell, along with the hopes of the rabbit, and the regretful fox.