•One•

Chapter 1

High school wasn't really my thing. I didn't thrive over what people thought about me, in fact I really didn't care for their opinions at all.

It's not like I'll ever see their faces as soon as I'm out of there.

At school in just kind of a... Nobody, I guess. And if I'm being honest, I didn't mind at all. I hate the idea of popularity. Everyone hears about one stupid mistake before you can even retrace your steps and figure out what you've done.

It's stupid.

Oh god, I hope I'm convincing. This is the impression I will try to make.

~

It's my first day at this school and I've already got a reputation as a clumsy dork.

Let's just say, bus steps are slippery as hell when they are wet and I shouldn't try and hurriedly step on them to get out of the rain. Face planting in front of twenty odd peers isn't the most ideal way to start off your first day of school.

I took a seat at the front of the bus, hiding my embarrassment away by drowning out the laughing with some All Time Low music. Okay, it was hard to admit to myself, but I was nervous as fuck. Luke Hemmings, nervous? If you said that in front of the people at my old school, they would of just laughed.

I'm just thankful I'm out of that school.

The bus ride to school was okay. I just listened to my music the whole time and scrolled through my Twitter feed for any updates on what my favourite bands were up to. Nothing exciting, really.

I hoped out of the bus, being pushed out my eager teens to go see their friends. But I had no rush, because I didn't even have friends. I walked alone through the school gates, glancing around the unfamiliar place.

The school was a lot bigger than my old one, and seemed less intimidating.

There were people everywhere, talking -almost shouting- about what they'd gotten up to in the Christmas break. It's like they wanted everyone to know what they did, considering they were pretty much yelling out the fact that "oh my god I slept with Michael!"

I just kept to myself, walking into the corridors and looking around for the year 12 locker areas. This was going to be a lot more difficult than I thought, considering everyone looked like they were in year 12.

I rounded the corner, bumping straight into someone. Great, Luke, you clumsy idiot.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't see you-"

"It's okay, calm down newbie." She softly laughed, picking up her phone from the floor.

And wow, was this girl attractive. She had auburn long hair, a pale complexion, a hoop nose ring. She was tall, but definitely not as tall as me. She had fairly big boobs, -shut up, I'm a guy, these things matter- amazing legs and my god, those eyes were beautiful. Compared to the other girls at this school, she was the best looking so far.

"I- uh.. Do you know where the year 12 lockers are?" I asked, as she softly smirked, shaking her head.

"What number?" She said. I furrowed my eyebrows, glancing down at my shoes.

"Number to what?"

"Your locker?" She sighed.

You're an actual idiot, Luke.

"Oh, right. Erm.." I reached in my pocket, rummaging around for the crinkled piece of paper; written on it a map of the school, my locker number, school rules and dress code.