•two•

Chapter 2

I sat there, glancing up at her again.

Fall sat across the classroom, drawing on her notepad.

The whole lesson consisted of me practically drooling over her and her catching me out for it each time. She'd raise her eyebrows at me each time, as if saying; "what are you looking at?"

I'd try my hardest not to blush like an idiot and direct my gaze to anywhere but her.

She was intimidating. She was the first girl I'd ever met that can actually make me speechless, and flustered just by saying one simple word. It was terrifying.

When the bell went, indicating lunch had finally arrived, I rushed out of the classroom to avoid Fall calling me out for staring at her verbally.

I got to my locker, Michael already at his. He was the locker directly beside me, just my luck. As I approached him, he nodded in my direction as a "hey".

I nodded back, well aware it didn't look as casual as him.

"You should sit with us." He said. I raised my eyebrows, opening my locker.

"I should?"

"Yeah, I mean, you looked miserable as fuck sitting alone at recess. Unless you want to go through that again." He said as I nodded, deciding to take up his offer.

"Yeah, I'll sit with you." I mumbled, just as a high pitched squeal of Michael's name was heard.

"Mikey, babe!" A brunette girl ran up to Michael, wrapping her arms around him.

"Hey, Maria." He replied.

I recognised the girl who was gloating about how she slept with Michael and now it all made sense seeing the two together.

"Do you wanna sit with us?" He asked, arm wrapping around her waist. She nodded, leaning up to kiss his neck.

"Cool. C'mon Luke." He he gestured for me to follow. I shut my locker, following awkwardly behind the couple. We walked across the lunch area, me following behind like an awkward little lost puppy.

Calum, Ashton, and Fall day sat at the table, talking amongst each other. Michael took a seat, dragging Maria on his lap. I sat beside Ashton, keep quiet and hoping they wouldn't notice me.

"Hey, newbie, do I have something on my face?" I heard Fall ask. I look over at her, shaking my head.

"Oh, just wondering because in English you couldn't take your eyes off me and I thought I had something on my face." She shrugged.

I felt my cheeks flush, but i refused to believe I just fucking blushed. I looked down, as she softly laughed, reaching out and softly nudging my shoulder with her hand.

"I'm just messing with you, newbie."

"Luke. My names Luke." I said, trying not to sound pissed off.

But so far, today wasn't going as I planned.

"Well," she said, standing up and walking to me. I looked up at her.

She stuck her small hand out, in front of me.

"Nice to meet you, Luke. Call me Fall." She said. I hesitantly grabbed her hand, shaking it softly.

Everyone was dead silent, watching us. She pulled away, winking at me and mumbling out, "welcome to Sherwood High School."

~

I chucked myself down on the couch, letting out a long, deep breath.

"Luke, honey, is that you?" I heard mum call out. I closed my eyes.