Chapter 15

Sam stood up, holding his hand out to Kat. "What do ya say?" he said, smiling at her and winking. "Let's do this." She took his hand, and he pulled her up. They too, stripped down to their underwear. "You coming brother?" Sam asked, looking at Colby. "I mean..." He trailed off, shrugging his shoulders at me. "You in?" I looked at him for a moment, tilting my head. Then I stood up, took my shirt off, and dropped it on his head. He moved my shirt from off his head, and looked up at me. "You think you're funny?," He said, standing up. Sam nodded and said. "Okay, so you're coming. See you out there." Then he scooped Kat up in his arms and ran to the water, both of them laughing. Colby threw my shirt at me, then took his own shirt off and threw that at me. "Stop throwing clothes at me! I'm trying to subtract the current amount of clothes that I have on. Not add them!" I yelled. He was in the process of taking his jeans down. We finished stripping down and set our clothes to the side. "That water is going to be cold...," I said, holding his hand, both of us watching our friends splashing around and playing. "So cold." He replied, looking at me. "Race you?" I met his gaze. Again, I was transfixed by how stunning his eyes are, the blue dark against the night sky. I smiled and kissed him softly on the lips. "I'll win." I whispered, then took off running, getting a head start. I should have known better. I hear Colby running hard behind me, his steps getting closer. Right before I hit the water, I feel strong hands wrap around my waist, lifting me into a hard chest, swinging me around. I laughed and screamed. He continued to hold me up, carrying me into the water. "Don't drop me in the water Colby! It's cold! I need to get used to it first." He laughed and shook his head. "Nah, it's not that bad." He took us deeper, towards our friends, until the water was above his waist. Suddenly, water came splashing towards us from all directions. Everyone was splashing us, as hard as they could, surrounding us in a circle. I screamed, and held on to Colby, hiding my face in his chest. When they finally stopped, they were all laughing at us. I looked up to see Colby with water streaming down his face, dripping from his hair, into his eyes. He had been unable to do anything but take it, since he was holding me. I started laughing, covering my mouth with my hand. He looked at me and smiled, then dropped me in the water with no warning. It was so sudden, that I didn't even have time to scream. The cold water went over my head, taking my breath, and I came back up sputtering. Colby was standing in front of me laughing. "Ass." I said, wiping the water from my eyes. "Hey Colby, you guys down for a game of chicken?" Jake yelled, Tara already on his shoulders. Kat and Devyn were already climbing on Sam and Corey's shoulders. Colby met my gaze and smiled. "Wanna show em how it's done?" I smiled back. "Absolutely." He leaned down and I climbed on top of his shoulders. I held on to his neck, and gripped my legs tight.