Chapter 3

I contemplated during the evening before, settling on just getting this 'bonding time', over with.

I couldn't complain at a bribe of free clothes, when I was in desperate need for them, in this unpredictable weather. I was accustomed to the crisp icy winds , my small town upbringing blew in full blast rather than this ranging heat.

I stumbled downstairs in a over sized t-shirt and some old scruffy jeans shorts, I managed to locate with only a few unpacked boxes. I'm positive, Theresa will absolutely be delighted at my choice of outfit in comparison to her usual overpriced masterpiece attire, note my joyful sarcasm. Although, I also grasped the idea that she'll be certain at attempting me into purchasing skintight garments. I'm more interested in loose clothing, resenting attention from the audience surrounding me daily and preferred to hide within the crowd.

"Honey, I have so much planned today", I heard Theresa's irritating voice above the booming television that held reoccurring 'Hannah Montana' episodes, Milly had a unhealthy urgency to watch. "I am determined to build a relationship with Lyric."

Ew, no, I'm sorry Theresa, all you're earning out of today is the honor of buying me new stuff, I can promise you now, nothing more.

"I'm so happy, we're finally on track again", my Fathers voice beamed.

"I'm ready", I muttered, attempting to avoid walking into anything mushy between the two, that I wouldn't be able to erase out of my mind.

I already felt the tension in the room, increase with a disapproving once over, she server my assembled outfit.

"So while you guys are shopping, Milly and I will be meeting with the new pack, for the first time", my Father stumbled, searching for the right words.

I knew of course, all of us were nervous, especially him . As we all understood the reasoning he was obliged to give, in order for true acceptance within the pack.

"Why the hell, aren't we meeting them together?"

"Because, I have business to discuss, as you knew prior to this conversation, Lyric", he responded stiffening and slightly dancing around the subject, like always.

"Yeah and we all know what that means."

"Enough about this silly talk, how bout that girls day?", Theresa interrupted the heated discussion before either of us exploded.

*********************************************************************

So far, all we managed to accomplish was Theresa picking out ugly clothing choices and my response was a clear 'Who the hell do you take me for?'

"Oh what about this one Lyric?", she hesitantly held a decent looking summer dress, with a light floral print.

"It's nice."

"Wow, we're finally heading somewhere", she smiled at the progress.

"Doesn't mean I'd wear it", I scoffed. C'mon Theresa do you really underestimate my ability to irritate you?

I walked further through the store, finding a few things, I didn't mind overall. Forever 21, was definitely one of my favorite stores, directly after Baskin Robbins creamy ice-cream, that always managed to please my tummy's cravings.

"Would you like to try those on Miss?", a girl precisely around my age, questioned politely.

I was estimating the negatives of trying them on, leading me too more fabulous bonding time with Theresa, until she interrupted and said yes.

"Uh, I'd rather not."

"Oh c'mon Lyric, lighten up. We have plenty of time to spare and I'm positive you'll look stunning in that red dress", she giggled pointing suggestively at something I chose.

"Fine", I groaned.

"Oh wow, I love your name, it's very unique", the employee smiled exaggeratedly. Her freshly dyed lavender hair, caught my eye, as I wondered briefly what reaction's I would receive from such a vibrant color.

"Oh thanks, my Mother had a hidden passion for singing", I beamed. Sharing my Mother's hidden hobby, assisted me in burning of steam, in relation to her passing. She was such a beautiful singer, but she always repeated that being a Mother is her job, when I suggested she would become a inspirational singer.

Sensing the tension in the room, we continued our journey to the change rooms.

With success, I tried on everything leaving the scarlet red dress, for lucky last. I steered out of my cubicle in search of a mirror, earning gasps from each, Theresa and Penelope, who's name I overheard while changing.

"Ugh it's too tight isn't it?", I whined, tugging at the fitting material. Lace was drawn along my arms and chest, dipping slightly showing my cleavage. It was figure hugging overall stopping mid thigh.

"You look smokin", Penelope winked.

"You look amazing, I think it'll be perfect for tonight", Theresa gushed.

"Wait whats happening tonight?", I quizzed.

"Your meeting the pack silly, and before you ask, I could sense both of you", Penelope laughed.

Wow, one pack member down, however many to go, I guess.

Before the long conversation between Theresa an Penelope became overwhelming, the store started to wheel in more customers, in return Penelope promised to find us tonight and was on her way.

"She seems nice."

"Yeah, cool", I replied

We were currently roaming through the mall, searching for the hairdressers, Penelope suggested.

"Having someone around your age should be fun", Theresa smiled.

"Isn't this the store?", I questioned, leaving Theresa barely enough time to have a shot at giving some crappy Motherly advice.

Short updates, cause of my need to watch Vampire Diaries, Love you guys, xx :D