Chapter 6

Hermione and Harry constantly argued about the Half blood prince as Harry continued to use his advice in potions, we always drew and it was becoming slightly annoying as Harry always got the praise whereas I got the second hand prize (instead of Felix Felicis I got a rather posh, expensive looking potions set that came with rather rare ingredients but definitely much less valuable than the liquid luck)
They argued about everything to do with the half blood prince wether he/she was a girl, whether the notes were safe, whether it was morally right. Hermione, of course, had been doing research in the library, looking up people with the last name prince or any relation to prince.

"It's five to eight." Harry finally said to stop the arguing. "We better go, or we'll be late for Dumbledore"

I nodded, quickly, and shut my book with a snap, placing it in my bag, asking Hermione if she would take it up to the dormitory with her and she quickly agreed.

"Good luck! We'll wait up, we want to hear what he teaches you!" Hermione bid us goodbye, tidying her own homework up.

"Hope it goes okay," said Ron, laying back in the chair, as if he deserved a break when in fact he'd written less than two lines.

Harry and I proceeded through deserted corridors, though Harry hastily pulled me behind a strange looking statue when Professor Trelawney appeared around a corner, muttering to herself and shuffling a pack of dirty looking cards.

She walked past us, still muttering to herself and I frowned at her obvious confusion, confused myself.

Once she had gone, Harry and I hurried off again until we reached the stone gargoyle that guarded Dumbledores office and I presume living quarters.

"Acid Pops," said Harry, and the gargoyle leapt aside; the wall behind it slid apart, and a moving spiral stone staircase was revealed, onto which Harry and I stepped, so that he was carried in smooth circles up to the door with the brass knocker that led to Dumbledore's office.

I knocked.

"Come in," said Dumbledore's voice.
"Good evening, sir," said Harry, walking into the headmaster's office.

"Ah, good evening, Harry, Harley Sit down," said Dumbledore, smiling. "I hope you've had an enjoyable first week back at school?"

"Yes, thanks, sir," said Harry.

I merely nodded and smiled

"You must have been busy, a detention under your belt already!"

I smirked at Harry's discomfort and he glared at me.

"Er," began Harry awkwardly, but Dumbledore did not look too stern.

"I have arranged with Professor Snape that you will do your detention next Saturday instead."

"Right," said Harry. I rolled my eyes and the small talk and looked around for an indication for what Dumbledore called us for.

The circular office looked just as it always did; the delicate silver instruments stood on spindle-legged tables, puff- ing smoke and whirring; portraits of previous headmasters and headmistresses dozed in their frames, and Dumbledore's magnifi- cent phoenix, Fawkes, stood on his perch behind the door, watching is with bright interest. It did not even look as though Dumbledore had cleared a space for dueling practice.

"So," said Dumbledore, in a businesslike voice. "You have been wondering, I am sure, what I have planned for you dur- ing these — for want of a better word — lessons?"

"Yes, sir." We replied, together.

"Well, I have decided that it is time, now that you know what prompted Lord Voldemort to try and kill you fifteen years ago, for you to be given certain information."