3: Would You Come

Chapter 3

(SHOULD I HAVE ETHAN'S POV???? TELL ME PLEASE)

Charlotte's POV

When Dustin threw my bedroom door open in a frenzy, I knew he wasn't gonna take this too well. He rushed inside my room and I just scrunched up my nose and pretended I didn't know he was there. My eyes were looking at my homework intensely and my glasses were placed at the edge of my nose like an old librarian. But though I was staring at the papers in front of me, I was imagining what Dustin must look like at this second. I could feel his piecing eyes burning holes in my back as he waited for me to acknowledge his presence.

I sighed closing up my binder and placing it on my bedside table. I sat up on the bed and crossed my legs, looking up to Dustin. He looked so angry. And I knew I was about to get a long lecture from him. I felt kind of bad. I mean, Ethan has always been best friends with my brother, Dustin. And it's kind of unfair that all of a sudden, we're together.

As much as I wanted to tell Dustin the truth behind it all, I knew I couldn't. Dustin would surely spill to his girlfriend. And she was a complete gossiper. I love Dina to death... But as soon as she found out, it would be spread to everyone in the town! So telling Dustin was out of the question. Along with my best friend, Mary. I can't tell her either. Which stinks! But at least I can always talk to Ethan about it when we're alone.

I guess tonight is our first 'date'. I'm sure he'll probably talk about our plan a lot and maybe us pretending to be a couple. That may be a bit hard considering I've seen him like a brother for so long. And he still is like one to me. I don't have any attraction for him. Yes, he was very handsome. He was a nice catch and any girl would be lucky to be with him. But honestly, he and I aren't for each other. I don't feel butterflies with him. I don't drool over his looks. And I just don't like him more than friends or a brother. So it's defiantly pretend.

What if he tries to make a move for people to see? Where are we going anyways? If we go to the movies, is he going to put his arm around me? Will he kiss me?! All these questions couldn't be answered. I will have to wait for tonight and just see what happens. If I just keep reminding myself that it's pretend I'm sure everything should be fine. "Hello, Charlotte? Wake up there!" Dustin nudged my shoulder and I was snapped out of my thoughts.

"Oh, sorry!" I apologised chuckling. "Can I help you?" I ask sarcastically.

He gave me a glare. "Yes. What the heck is this thing?!" He shouted shoving Ethan's tweet on his iPhone in my face and I pushed it away from me.

"Ethan and I are having a date tonight." I said shrugging like it was nothing.

"And since when were you two even interested in each other?!" He asked beyond shocked.

I sighed, "Let him explain that. Okay?" I asked wanting to be off the hook and just let Ethan handle Dustin.

Dustin groaned nodding, "Fine. I'll have him explain tonight when he's done with your... Date..." He said date awkwardly and he left my room and stormed down stairs. Great. Now my brother is mad at me. I sure hope Ethan prepares himself for Dustin's and so many others questions about this.

"Hey Dustin, what time is it?!" I yelled downstairs to him.

"7:45!" He yelled back and I jumped up. I'm gonna be late and I haven't even gotten ready!

I run over to my closet and quickly grab a nice dark green top, black leather jeans, chocolate brown boots and added on accessories. My hair was curled and I put in a black headband. My make us was a natural looking gold and green and a tiny bit of brown in it. I put on some tasty lip gloss and took a deep breath.