Chapter 6

December 17th

The next week was just like any normal week for me. No motivation and only two friends, who were now switched due to my old ones running away. My life felt like it had no purpose anymore. One morning, I worked up the nerve to text Trevor.

"I still care. I'm still here if you need me. We can start over if you still want to be together."

Shortly after that, I got a text back.

"I knew that if I stopped showing interest you'd start showing some."

"Oh don't get your panties in a bunch. I want to be happy again. I want to be happy with you."

"I want to be happy with you again too."

"Really?"

"Really. I've missed you, Dylan. I've missed you a lot."

"I've missed you too. Promise me this isn't another bet? And that if it is, I get to cut your balls off?(:"

"I promise you, this isn't another bet. And you most definitely will not need to cut my balls off."

"Great, we might need those in the future(;"

"Get ready for school young lady."

"Yes sir."

I set down my phone and started getting ready for school. I had gotten on the bus and found an empty seat. I pulled out my phone and looked at it, I had a text, from Trevor.

"Can't wait to see your beautiful face with a smile on it today<3"

I couldn't help but smile at that message. I wiped the smile from my face so people wouldn't stare at me. Once I got into school, I made my way to my locker. The basketball boys must have had practice in the auditorium this morning. A bunch of them were at the water fountain at the back of the school, where the auditorium was located. I saw Trevor and smiled at him. He smiled back and came up to me.

"Hey Dylan," he said.

"Why hello Trevor," I replied.

"You're so beautiful," he said staring me in the eyes.

"Thank you," I said blushing.

"Anytime. Dinner after practice?" he asked.

"As long as it's Subway," I answered.

"Deal, see you later," he said kissing me on the forehead and walking back into the auditorium.

The rest of the day was really a blur. I couldn't focus in any of my classes, but I somehow managed to get all of my homework done in them. Practice was stressful as usual. Drama, drama, and more drama. I had gotten a headache halfway through practice. By the end of practice, I wasn't in the mood for anything or anyone. Then I remembered that Trevor was taking me out to eat. I texted my mom quick to tell her that I wasn't going to be home right away. I waited for Trevor to get done with practice.

"Hello my love," he said taking my hand.

"Hey. I'm really hungry, can we go?" I asked.

"Oh, so now she eats," he said jokingly.

"Shut up, I'm only hungry now because I haven't eaten all day," I said rolling my eyes.

"Well, eating something is better than nothing. Even if it is only one meal a day."

We started walking to his truck. He opened the door for me like always. It smelt different in his truck. He must have gotten an air freshener for it. He got in and started up his truck.

"It smells really nice in here," I said looking over at him.

"You think so? I decided I needed a new smell in my truck," he responded.

"Yeah, it smells really good. Like I could spend the rest of my life in here with this smell."

"Hah, well, now we know what you'll be thinking of when you smell this next time."

"And what would I be thinking of?"

"Me, and the truck of course."

"Cocky as always."

We talked about random things on the way to Subway. We had gotten out and I bolted towards the door of Subway. It was cold out and I didn't want to freeze any longer. When he got in he was laughing.

"And I don't suppose you're laughing at something other than me?" I said as he walked in.

"I can't help it, you're funny, and let's face it, you run like you're handicapped," he told me as we waited in line.

"That's not nice," I said pouting.

"You're cute when you pout," he said smiling.

"Well, I'm about to get cuter," I said.

He laughed and then kissed me. Once it was our turn to order, I got the Italian footlong, ham and shredded cheese, with lettuce, black olives, and mayo. He had gotten the Italian footlong, ham, bacon, and shredded cheese, with ranch. He has a very unique taste for food.

"Ew, what is that," I said teasing him.

"Try it and you'll fall in love," he said as we sat down at a table.

"I'm already in love with mine. Why would I leave mine for yours?" I said looking confused.

"Just try it," he said handing me half of his sandwich. I took a bite. It was, special. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good.

"It's, different, but I wouldn't order it," I told him.

"Ouch, my sandwich and I are hurt."

"Whoops?"

"Eat."

"Yes sir."

We laughed and I picked up my sandwich and took a bite. Once we finished eating, we walked out to his truck and he went to open the truck door for me and instead he shoved me up against the side of his truck.

His face so close. His warm breath on the cold skin of my neck. I could tell he felt vulnerable. He kissed me anyway. Making his way up from my neck to my lips. He was so seductive. I loved kissing him. He was so good at it. At this point, I was feeling vulnerable, but I knew he wouldn't take advantage of that. We stopped kissing and he looked at me straight in the eyes.

"I love you, Dylan. Will you be my girlfriend? Again?" he asked.

"I love you too Trevor. And yes, I'd love to be your girlfriend, again," I said smiling. He kissed me and opened the door.

We were finally happy again. I liked being happy. I didn't want to lose being happy. We talked about how our practices went on the way back to my house. When we got there, I kissed him goodbye and went inside.

"So I see you and Trevor got back together," my mom says as I walk in the door.

"Yeah, we did," I told her.

"Good. You seem a lot happier when you're with him. Did you two eat?" she asked.

"Yeah, I am happier. And yes, we ate at Subway."

"Alright. Well, I'll see you tomorrow."

"Goodnight mother."

"Goodnight"