하나

∆∆∆∆

City of Hanyang

The celebration of the Crown Prince's birthday had come rolling into town that fateful day in September. It had always been celebrated on this day since his blessed birth onto this Earth. This year, he was to turn 22 and had graduated with flying colors from University. He was beloved in the whole city of Hanyang. (Modern Day Seoul)

From commoners adoring him for his bravery in the Great Battle with the Northeastern Empire at just the age of 20 or the Nobles, who loved him for his intelligence and help in the plan to defeat the Northeasterners even though he was still in school. He was an epitome of the man every father wanted for their daughter.

The people of Hanyang were doing their best to make this year as perfect as possible. The Crown Prince was now a deemed man, and this year's celebration was to be the most meaningful as it would be the last to be celebrated by the people. The rest onwards wouldn't matter anymore since he'll be the King. Once a King, your birthday isn't celebrated, nor is it important.

"I want to make this birthday the best for the Prince. I feel bad that it's his last one." A commoner sighed as she hung the banners on the pole. Her friend that held the ladder for stability nodded in agreement.

"Hold the ladder well Seohyun! Do you want me to die?" She trembly warned.

"Sorry, sorry!"

"But I agree. I want to make it special. It's sad that this is his last one...hey, you know what? Let's secretly celebrate it for him? That way, it'll still be a special day." Seohyun conjured.

"What? Wouldn't that be weird? You celebrating someone's birthday when their not and oh I don't know.....Creepy!" She spat out.

"How is it my fault that I love my Prince?" Seohyun argued.

Before she could reply to her friend's creepiness, the man in charge of overseeing the decorations yelled at them.

"If you have the energy to talk, then you have the energy to hurry up. Hurry up!"

They both sighed and kept on the work they were instructed to do. They worked hard with the thought 'they should do their best for the last time.'

∆∆∆∆

From the Crown Prince's Perspective~

Gyeongbokgung Palace

"Your Majesty, please stay still, it's hard for the servants to do their job if you keep moving." Doyoon, the Royal Advisor of Crown Prince Jungkook and Guard requested.

"Oh?- sorry." The Crown Prince apologized to the servants that were dressing him up for the annual parade. He was to go around town in a Palanquin and thank the people for celebrating him as well as greet them as the soon-to-be King.

"O- oh-no-no Your Majesty, I'm sorry for not doing my job right. Please strike me for my wrongdoings." The servant that was putting his upper garment on voiced.

"Why would I strike you? You did nothing wrong." The Crown Prince questioned, the servant did nothing wrong, so why ask to be struck.

"Because I'm a servant." She replied head bowed down in respect.

"It's okay."

The young servant glanced up at him and hastily bowed down again. She took in the big breath before speaking. She knew she was in no position to ask the Prince for any requests but...