Chapter 10

i'm backkkkkk folks

this chapter kinda boring ngl, but chapter 11 is going to be juicy juicy 👀

don't forget to vote and comment y'alll (((:

Silence.

Silence—the complete absence of sound, by definition.

Quietness, stillness, tranquility, peacefulness, noiselessness.

Silence was perfect.

And it was very well welcomed when Lisa's very not silent girlfriend left the apartment late Sunday night.

Not silent as in possessing a loud voice, and using that loud voice, whether it was to yell at everyone in the apartment, and the goddamn building, on a Sunday morning, or to announce to the whole neighborhood just how good Lalisa Manoban was in bed.

Jennie had locked herself into her new room, which was directly next to Lisa's bathroom and connected with it through a door, and had been painfully aware of exactly what the couple was doing just one room to the left.

Luckily for Jennie, and her sanity, Lisa had forgotten her bluetooth speaker in her room, and Jennie turned the volume up as loud as she could while putting her music on, hoping to drown out the stupid moans of Lisa's stupid loud girlfriend.

Jennie didn't feel bad. Jina had called her a stupid bitch this morning, so she had every right to call her stupid and loud now.

And so it was welcomed when Jina left the apartment later, though Jennie only noticed it when someone knocked on her door.

She turned the volume of her music down quickly, stood up from her place on the carpet where she'd previously tried putting the pieces of a box for her shelf together, and opened her door.

Jennie was met with Lisa, all in her full post-shower glory, hair wet, a simple shirt and sweatpants thrown on her body while there were still little drops of water on her neck.

And above all, Lisa smelled like fresh, green apples.

"Hi?" Jennie asked in question, leaning against her doorframe.

"Just wanted to let you know that Jina is gone now...," Lisa answered, a little awkwardly.

"Cool," Jennie said, turning around and settling back onto the floor.

"So... what are you doing?" Lisa asked and let herself in, closing the door behind her.

"I tried unboxing the rest of the stuff, and this little box is kind of hard to put together," Jennie answered, crossing her legs as she sat back down in front of the pieces of the box.

"Do you have some instructions?" Lisa asked and sat down too, on the fluffy carpet next to Jennie while looking down at the problem at hand.

"They're confusing," Jennie said with a pout, handing Lisa the piece of paper over.

"Can I?" Lisa questioned after looking at the instructions, her hand already reaching for the pieces.

"Go ahead," Jennie shrugged, before laying down on her carpet in exhaustion; her back was already hurting from all the crooked sitting.

She put her hands behind her head and intertwined them, looking up at her blank ceiling.

"Oh, this is perfect," Jennie said, finally getting to rest her body, stretching her legs out.

She heard Lisa chuckle and felt her eyes on her, "what?" Jennie asked.

"Lying on the floor is perfect?"