Limits (AkoRin)

Warning: this One-shot contains depression, self-harm and suicide. If you don't feel safe at that subject, then please don't read it

Suggested by: @sarah450_1

Again, Roselia band practice, Shirokane Rinko didn't hate it...it was only too tiring for her since she had to go outside again. The band members hadn't seen her at school at all since 3 weeks ago, but she was always at the band practices from Roselia. Even for Ako, it was a little bit shocking to see that her best friend was offline at the online game she and Tinko played, '1 month ago' it showed Ako on Rinko's profile in the game.

Most important, tomorrow was another Roselia live concert and so Roselia needed to practice for tomorrow's live. At CiRCLE, there Yukina always put a reservation to the rehersal room. That day, it was way too different than the other days, Roselia was shocked how their keyboardist turned. Rinko's arms, full of bandages and her eyes, black rings as if she never slept in her whole life. It was the first time Ako saw Rinko wearing a hoodie, pants and not a long skirt or a dress. Rinko went to her keyboard that Ako prepared it before she had arrived and waited for Roselia to play.

"Uhmmm when do we start with practice ?", Rinko asked quietly

"No, not until you tell us what that on your arms is", Sayo told concerned, pointing at Rinko's bandages that she had on her arm. She covered them with the sleeves of the hoodie

"I'm fine"

"No you aren't Rinko, look at yourself, you look like a complete dead body", Lisa commented on Riko's look.

"I'm fine", Rinko repeated herself the same words until her best friend started talking

"Rin-rin...you haven't even been online at all, and I know that you would never decline my invitations at the online game...but now you are only rejecting my invitations", Rinko knew that Ako would find out that something was wrong. Silent came again, everyone wanted an explanation from the black-haired girl. However instead giving an answer, Rinko ran away, overwhelmed by all the questions and comments.

"Rin-rin....", Ako said disappointed, she thought Rinko was her best friend ever and that the black-haired girl would tell her everything.

"Soooo, shall we ask Afterglow's keyboardist to replace Shirokane-san tomorrow, since it looks like she will not come for the concert tomorrow", Yukina suggested, Ako was against it, because Rinko is normally a member of Roselia, but still Ako was fine with it, if it would be an exception for this only one time. Everyone agreed to the suggestion and started practicing without their keyboardist, it sounded a little bit different, but everyone was still fine with it. Afterwards we were done, Sayo called Tsugumi, the keyboardist of Afterglow, for an answer for tomorrow. Obviously Sayo had the phone number of the short brown-haired girl, everyone knew that she had. Gladly she accepted the request, but she told on the line that she will use the paper sheets on stage, because it was too late to learn every music by heart.

Everyone packed their stuff together and went on their way home. When Ako arrived home, she sat on her bed and took her phone out. Rinko wasn't online on Messanger, Whatsapp and not even online on Discord, but she was once online on Instagram. '1 minute ago' was on Rinko's Instagram profile, then Ako's attention went on the circle around her account, she posted something to her story.

It was one of the most shocking and heartbreaking moments Ako ever had in her life, she felt as if her blood temperature turned cold, her skin turned pale...what she saw...wasn't good at all. Rinko's arms, that she covered with bandges, was full of blood and really deep cuts...some of the deep cuts were even cut the right way...the suicidal way. Then the next picture was a rope...inside Rinko's room, she wrote under the rope 'goodbye everyone, I don't want forgiveness'. Ako checked how long ago Rinko posted those pictures in her Instagram story, '1 minute ago'.