Army Center

May 3rd, 2062
Minnesota

I woke up with a headache slowly opening my eyes. The room was dark with only a little candle bringing some light. At first I thought everything has just been a bad dream, that it was still Tuesday morning and I just had to get up and get ready for school.
But as soon as I inspected the room I knew that wasn't the case. I tried to sit up but as soon as I moved I felt a sharp pain in my heas that made me fall back again.

'She's awake. Come here she's awake' said a female voice I didn't recognize. Doctor Lana Ramirez as I learned later.

'Hey little one'

These words gave me new strength to sit up and look into these gorgeous hazel eyes.
Sam was sitting at the edge of my bed hiding his worries behind a smile gently stroking my arm.
But even tho I was happy to see him I just thought about Noah.

'Where's my brother?' The words were so hard to bring out as I was terrified of the answer.

'Don't worry he's fine'

Thank god
I nodded slightly.

'Where are we?' I asked while Doctor Lana gave painkillers to treat my headache.

'At the Army Refugee Center. Look I'll explain everything later but you need to get some rest now. I'll bring you something to eat'

He got up so quickly I couldn't even protest but now he mentioned food, I noticed that I was starving.

After eating something and finally holding Noah in my arms most worries fell off me. I've been informed by a Sergeant that my mother was save in another Camp and we'll be seeing her very soon. I tried to catch up with everything while walking around the Center with Sam and learned that the Tornado here in Minnesota wasn't the only catastrophe happening. Other Tornados, Tsunamis and even Vulcano eruptions were happening all around the word. The reason they told us: a simple water earthquake in the Marianas trench caused a so called butterfly effect. This seemed plausible. At that time

'This was an attack I tell you! Or how likely is it to have several disaster on the exact same day in different countries that have absolutely no connection with on another?'

An old man in a corner waved around his arms as he was trying to get other people's attention.
I shot a questioned look at Sam but he just shrugged it off and pulled me away from the little group of people.
But of course I couldn't just let it go which I'm sure Sam hoped I would.

'That's Crazy Don. Since he's here he's trying to convince us something arranged these events. Don't listen to him' He still tried to brush it off as nothing but I noticed a detail in his sentence that was very weird.

'Wait... Something? Like Aliens?'

'Who knows what he's talking about. To be honest I don't think he knows himself what he means by that. Come one Paige, just leave it' he sounded annoyed so I changed the topic.

'What day is it?'

'Wednesday'

I sighed relieved as only one day passed.

'Wednesday May 3rd'

An entire week went by while I was unconscious. He noticed my shocked face and explained how I hit my head really hard and was left with a severe concussion and I needed some more rest. Part of me had this feeling he just didn't want to answer any more questions of mine but I was tired and the effects of the painkillers slowly diminished so I didn't protest and followed him back to the Medical Department.

The next few days went by quickly.

I've tried to learn as much as possible about the current events, got to know the other refugees and even started to help out in the Child Care Section.
But most of my time I spent with Crazy Don and noticed he was as crazy as everyone said. In fact, he was a retired engineer who worked for the Army several years and probably the smartest person I've ever met.

If I only knew how smart he really was