quotes.

mortal as i am, i know that i am born for a day. but when i follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.

ptolemy.

the feelings were still fresh as if it all just happened yesterday

5 centimeters per second.

moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars.

j.r.r tolkien.

when he shall die,
take him and cut him out in little stars,
and he will make the face of heaven so fine
that all the world will be in love with night
and pay no worship to the garish sun.

william shakespeare, romeo and juliet.

⠀⠀yours is the light by which my spirit's born: - you are my sun, my moon, and all my stars.

e. e. cummings.

because there's nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline, no matter how many times it's sent away.

sarah kay.

⠀⠀but in a solitary life, there are rare moments when another soul dips near yours, as stars once a year brush the earth. such a constellation was he to me.

madeline miller, circe.

⠀⠀we have calcium in our bones, iron in our veins, carbon in our souls, and nitrogen in our brains. 93 percent stardust, with souls made of flames, we are all just stars that have people names.

nikita gill.

there's as many atoms in a single molecule of your dna as there are stars in the typical galaxy. we are, each of us, a little universe.

neil degrasse tyson, cosmos.

⠀⠀i once had a dreams of becoming a beautiful poet, but upon an unfortunate series of events some of those dreams dashed and divided like a million stars in the night sky that i wished on over and over again, sparkling and broken.
but i didn't really mind, because i knew that it takes getting everything you ever wanted, and then losing it to know what true freedom is.

lana del rey.