18

After the picnic Shawn had thought it was a good idea to take me to his apartment so we could sing together as he said 'it will bring us closer'. I stepped into his condo as I looked around, my eyes scanning every piece of furniture and decorative item on the walls. Shawn lead me to his seats in the middle of the room, they were black seats with black and white stripy cushions. I sat down on the end as Shawn went away to his bedroom to pick something up. I continued peering around; there was a coffee table in front of me, it was black with little potted plants on it, the rug underneath it was white and the floor underneath it was a wooden dark brown floor. Shawn appeared back holding a little frame in his hand. I looked at him as he continued walking towards me, he reached me and sat next to me, he handed me the frame as I looked at him confused; he had framed a picture of us together when we were fourteen- I had my arm around his as he hugged me from the side. I squinted at the photo for a second or so before looking up to Shawn, not knowing what to say.

"I've had this picture framed since I met you, you've always been next to me when I'm sleeping, just in picture form" he grabbed my hand and put the picture on the table, he shuffled nearer me as he put a small electric fire on, "just for effect" he laughed as I gave him a questionable look, "in my dreams you're with me" he sang as I looked at him, "that line was written about you, all of my songs are written about you" he rested his hand on my cheek as I searched his eyes with mine, "can't get my mind to say the words I want to say to you" he continued singing to me as I rested my head onto his chest, "maybe this will be the night that we kiss for the first time, or is that just me and my imagination" he sang as I lifted my head up to him, he leaned in gently, "can I kiss you?" He questioned as I giggled slightly, he was just as I remembered. I leaned into him as our lips met gently- it was if I had kissed him a few weeks ago. I think back to the stranger kiss as I pull back from the kiss that Shawn and I had exchanged.

"Did you kiss me two weeks ago- and were you at Disney?" I questioned as he flared red, his eyes widening as he put his hand on his forehead and sighed, "I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed" I laughed as he punched my arm playfully.

"Fine, I saw you at Disney and I got scared and then I saw you and it was dark so I kissed you because I thought I wouldn't have the opportunity" he glanced away and then a smirk came back to his face, "guess I was wrong" his smirk echoed in his cocky-ness as I shook my head, "I didn't think you'd actually be here with me- like I said before" he rambled, "I thought I'd never see you again, and it broke my heart" he looked down to his hands as he fiddled with them, "I'm sorry" he looked over to me as I kissed his cheek gently, making him turn his head so I kissed his plump pink lips.

"That was uncalled for" I wiped my lips as I faked a disgusted look on my face as he grabbed both of my cheeks and pulled me into him, kissing me again, "I told myself that I wouldn't give into you, guess I was wrong too" he smirked as he rubbed his hand on my knee, "I swear, this is your one chance- one wrong move and you're out as fast as you came in" he rolled his eyes as a relaxed smirk still remained on his face,

"We all know that's not happened" he draped his arm over my shoulders as I shuffled closer to him, "besides, I lost you before, it's not happening again" he looked down to me as I glanced up to him, "they were the worst years of my life, so I'm making them up now" a small smile came to his face as a blush lightly scattered over his cheeks. He began singing another song, "maybe I'm just a kid in love" he pulled me closer to me as I snuggled closer into his chest, "If this is what it's like falling in love then I don't ever want to grow up" he picked me up as his feet moved making stepping sounds that echoed across the apartment, I didn't bother to look up and only kept looking at his chest and thinking about how I got here- in his apartment; in his arms; and back into his life.

He placed me down on a black work desk chair that spun, "I want to sing with you" he smiled as he handed me a guitar, "besides, it'll be good practice when you pick me to sing with you in the final" he smirked as he scrolled through his phone, deciding a song that we could play together. He gasped as he excitedly ran to his piano that was in the corner of the room, "wise men say, only fools rush in" a smile came to my face as I strummed the guitar, "but I can't help falling in love with you" I harmonized as Shawn turned his phone on so he was recording us.

He showed me the finished product as I cringed, "am I that bad at singing" I scrunched my nose up as he laughed shaking his head, whispering multiple words as he wrapped his arm around my waist. "I'm posting it" I shook my head vigorously as he came closer to me, tilting my chin up towards him,

"I can't help falling in love with you, Bryony"