19

I woke up to my phone being frantically spammed, I groaned as the ringing sound constantly kept blaring in my ears. I picked up the screen and was blinded by the light, I adjusted the brightness and saw that Serena had called me doses of times with hundreds of texts; alongside the two texts, Archie had sent me. I texted Serena instead of calling her as I did not want to wake the boy sleeping peacefully next to me. 'Calm down, I'm alright' I texted Serena and then added 'I'm at Shawn's, I'll be back in the morning' I turned my phone onto silent and laid my head back down onto Shawn's chest and wrapped myself in the blanket that he had given us. I took a deep breath in and attempted to go to sleep, but I couldn't. The thought of Shawn was running through my mind- he was next to me; holding onto my waist from underneath me with one arm and the other was holding onto my hand which was on top of his chest; his gentle breathing made his chest go up and down slightly; his eyes were closed. I couldn't believe I was in the situation I'm in. I know he had changed- it was evident; he was sorry for how he had mistreated me; he had matured. I traced the necklace he had given me with my fingers as I got lost in my thoughts of what's going to happen tomorrow. Eventually, I closed my eyes and drifted into a comfortable sleep with Shawn by my side.

The light streamed in through the curtains as I opened my eyes and saw Shawn awake, still holding me in his arms; I turned towards him so I was on my stomach and I was laying on top of him still. "Good morning" he smiled as I nustled my head into his neck as he laughed, pushing my hair out of his face, "bedhead" he twisted a strand of my hair around his finger as I groaned at him earning a short giggle from him. "Do you want breakfast or anything?" he questioned as I turned on my side and looked directly at him, "we could go to IHop or something" I vigorously nodded as he pulled himself up making me fall onto the sofa. "I'll take that as a yes?" he questioned as I continued nodding. "I'll give you some clothes to wear" he smiled as he walked through into his room, a few seconds later he brought out a hoodie and some shorts, "they're both too small for me" he tossed both to me as they hit me in the head, earning a stifled laugh from Shawn as he tried to suppress his giggles. I quickly changed into the crewneck grey jumper and the black Nike shorts that went down to my mid thigh- they must be really short on Shawn- I giggled at the thought as Shawn walked out in a similar outfit to me, except he had grey shorts on and a black T-shirt.

"Are you trying to make us victims of abuse and social prejudice?" I questioned as he walked over to me, "also, do you have a hairbrush or a toothbrush, I could really do with them" I smiled as he nodded and walked into his bathroom throwing the toothbrush my way but keeping a hold of the hairbrush. I used Shawn's toothpaste and saw Shawn looking at me with the hairbrush in his hand, he shuffled closer to me and pulled the scrunchie that was in my hair out. He then proceeded to brush through my hair as I scrubbed my teeth clean. I watched Shawn in the mirror as he poured all of his concentration into making sure he didn't hurt my head. "Thank you" I smiled as he continued combing through my hair. He finished and I flipped my head over, typing it in a high pony as he watched every move I was making. "Let's go" I grabbed his hand, trying to pull him out of the bathroom, but not before he reeled me in and kissed me gently.

We had arrived at IHop and Shawn had given me a pair of his sunglasses, just in case someone had recognised him and then asked about or tried to take pictures of me. We ate making occasional jokes to one another; we had talked about our old memories; music; the competition; what he does now; how our families were- everything you could have possibly thought of we talked about. The bill came and Shawn had paid as he was still 'trying to make it up to me'. I finished the last of my water and we both stood up to leave. A group of young teenage girls- they must have been around fourteen or fifteen- giggled and waltzed over to Shawn, all asking for pictures as he gracefully agreed and had taken pictures with each of them. A small, shyer girl stood next to me and tapped my shoulder, she was a few inches smaller than me. I smiled at her as she asked to take a picture with me- I was shocked and amazed at how a picture could mean so much to me. I snapped a picture with the girl as she gave me a quick hug and left to go to her parents.

Shawn sat me in his car as he told me that he would like me to stay at his apartment for the next few days because he wanted to spend as much time possible with me- I was going to decline, but I saw the pleading in his eyes and I couldn't say no to him. We arrived at the hotel and we walked up to my room. We were greeted by Serena who ran over to me, shaking me and expressing how worried she was. I opened my phone for a split second to see the photos of me and the young brunette girl posted everywhere;

"Shawn you might want to look at this"