The Pope Is There

It was an average day in the Vatican. Perfect for the POPE. As he looked across the shining heads of POPE apprentices he grinned. He loved seeing that determined look glowing in their eyes because he remembered it as the light that once shone in his own. Oh, how the POPE missed those days. The carefree days that hadn't seemed quite so carefree back then. The small party after an aced test and even the test itself. On a strange night, he'd even wish for the stress and worry he used to feel as he and his friends clambered around the dorm room looking for any helpful study materials.

The POPE had always been called a peculiar one as a boy. Mainly because at first, he didn't want to become POPE unlike the rest of the people in his small town in Vatican city. But partially because of his distaste for religion. When he was young he hadn't seen the point in religion. That was until he first met the POPE, other than the light the shone from the white cloth he wore there was a light coming from inside the past POPE's heart. And so the young POPE devoted his life to becoming POPE. As the POPE stopped reminiscing he looked back onto the pathway and glanced over the students before one caught his eyes. With eyes as blue as the better part of the Christian flag and a gaze he was sure could sear, the girl wandered through the pathway. She has potential.

                                                                                ⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷

Another few 100s on her report card. This wasn't new but Emily couldn't help the small smirk that passed over her face. She couldn't wait to share this news with her grandfather, the POPE. She knew that her grandfather had gotten similar grades so each 100 brought her closer to the chance of being POPE. And it brought her closer to the POPE.

She wasn't the true daughter of the POPE of course. On one of his journeys through the poorer parts of Vatican city the POPE happened upon her, a poor 4-year-old on the side of the street begging for food. He took off his glowing white cap and bestowed it upon the young girl and in that swift gesture, she became his granddaughter. But even though the people of the Vatican accepted her and obviously the POPE accepted Emily never really felt like she belonged. And so she worked immensely hard to be at the top of her classes and secure the place of POPE. She wasn't there yet though, she still had to compete in the POPE tournament.