Music

-Chessie's POV-

Hunter and I watch a few Horror movies before falling asleep on the couch in the theater. This is his last night here.

I wake to my phone ringing. I take in my surroundings, noticing I'm alone in the theater. Hunter's probably home, or at work. I yawn and get up.

Around one I find myself walking downtown to my favorite café. I step inside and head straight to the counter stopping when I notice a familiar face.

Lilibeth.

"Ciao," I say casually, pulling a seat out from next to her and straddling it. I rest my arms on the back of the chair and lean forward onto them.

"Are you Italian?" she asks.

I laugh. "No, I'm actually Norwegian. Though I do speak Italian and Russian and a little French." Words are flowing out of my mouth like I have no control.

"Wow. I speak English," I smiles as she pauses for a quick moment, "and a little French as well. My mom was French." Interesting.

"Was French? I didn't know you could loose your Frenchness." I lightly chuckled.

She looks down and twiddles her thumbs. "She passed away when I was seven." Damn. I need to censor my jokes. Her words hit me like a tsunami.

"Oh. I'm sorry," I say trying to console her.

She gives me a forced smile. "Don't be. It's not your fault. She got caught up in the Major/Blood feud."

Shit. I knew it. How can this work when her mom died because of something I'm heavily involved in. My mouth is open but nothing in coming out. I give a pitiful smile.

"Anyways, Norwegian huh?" she says.

"Yeah," I say, still thinking of how her mom was involved in the Blood/Major war.

"Do you like music?"

"I love music." I wonder if she can sing.

She gives me an earbud. "This is my favorite song." She starts to humming along to 'Ain't No Mountain High Enough'.   

Before I know it, I am singing along. "Listen baby, ain't no mountain high, ain't no valley low, ain't no river wide enough baby." This song in inscribed into my existence.

I grab her hand and her bag and stuff her computer in it. She gives me a questioning look. I've made an executive decision. To the park we go.

"If you need me call me, no matter where you are, no matter how far," she sings.

"Don't worry baby," I add.

"Just call my name. I'll be there in a hurry you don't have to worry."

"Oh baby there ain't no mountain high enough. Ain't no valley low enough. Ain't no river wide enough. To keep me from getting to you babe," we sing in unison as we childishly make our way to the clearing.

Soon enough we are looking up to the sky.

"I'm not dead am I? I mean this at least has to be a dream." Did I say that out loud?

"Yeah, this definitely has to be a dream, although I think this is what heaven is like."

"I hope so," My grin widens.  "It's getting late, I think we should get going. I'll walk you home?"

"I left my motorcycle café." No way. Wow. That bike is gorgeous.

"That's yours?"

She smirks.

-*-

"Arthur!" I catch him walking by when walk through the back doors.

"Yes young boss?"

"I met someone that I really like," I say.

"Ooo, do spill," Sasha says, putting her arm around my shoulders.

"Well, her name is Lilibeth, an—"

"Do you have a last name?" Arthur says looking at his phone. He has this need to look up anyone I mention for a background check.

I take is phone out of his hand, glaring at him. I hesitate. "Actually, no," I sigh defeated.

"What if she's with the Major's and is planning to go after you?" Sasha clearly agrees with him.

"She's not like that." I walk away with my shoulders
hunched a bit. As much as I hate to admit it, they could be right. I doubt it though. She was typing on a document that was titled 'Dream Journal' on her computer.

Then again, if she's normal, how do I go about explaining my life. It's so complicated. I want to keep her in the dark about it, but I can't lie, not to people I care about.

I've never been in a committed relationship because I don't know how to, and having a family like mine doesn't make it any easier. My thoughts will be the death of me. Hunter once told me everyone deserves love, but I don't know if I do.

I'm scared, but I think I'm falling for this blue-eyed beauty.

I head to the gym for a quick exercise to clear my mind. I put earbuds in a start stretching.

Soon my 'quick exercise' becomes a full blown workout. I'm sweating, but I feel good. My arms become weak, and my legs don't want to work. I slowly walk to my room, shower, and collapse onto my bed.

^^*^^

-Author's note-

I honestly love this song.

~~Hope you enjoyed.~~