1- Escape Plans

Hello everyone! You might be confused by the sudden change. Or asking why we have gone back to a first chapter. Well, you see, I didn't really like how the story had started. There wasn't much of a beginning and things with the font brothers happened quite quickly, so I wanted to re-write the first few chapters. However, I didn't want to delete the first few, so I decided I'd just label those old chapters and then start anew. Hope you like it as much as I do, because now you have a better understanding of your past as well!

You sat on your windowsill, watching as rain clouds began to roll in from the east and sat above your small town. You were already all cozied up, with your favorite fluffy blanket and, of course, your kitten. His name was Milo, a brown eyed Tuxedo cat in which you adored. He nuzzled into your side, and you aww'd him mentally. You still remember how you and him came to be best friends...

fʟᴀsʜʙᴀᴄᴋ

You were walking home from school since you missed the bus. You didn't mind, though. You loved to walk home, especially days after a rain storm had happened and you could jump in the left over puddles. You were passing by an alley way when a soft whine caught your attention. You, being the careful 19 year old you were, cautiously looked into the alley way, and used your old and cracked phone's light to see what was inside. All you saw was a few garbage bags, a dumpster, that weird moving grocery bag, the broken bottles...

Wait, that bags moving.

With caution, you grabbed the pencil stuck behind your ear and poked the bag with the eraser side. You heard a small whimper and then a faint 'mew'. You gasped when you saw a small, dirtied tuxedo cat crawl out of the bag. It limped away from you as fast as it could, but you swiftly grabbed It as gentle as possible. It squirmed in panic, but when you brought him into the warmth of your sweatshirt, he came to a stop.

For the next few days, you'd sneak some dinner leftovers and go up to your closet, where you kept the tiny kitten. For once, you were glad that your father was always at the bar during the day, cause you were able to buy some supplies with the money you had gained as a babysitter for the kids next door. You had gained the trust of the kitten who you named Milo. The name came to you when you remember Tracey telling you how she always adored the name Milo, and she wanted to name her son that, if she had one that is.

You never new how much of a duo you and Milo would be.

∞fʟᴀsʜʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴇɴᴅ

With a quick flash, your gaze was back out the window. The flashes of lightning and the harsh cracks of thunder echoed throughout your empty room.

You loved the rain, and the storms that followed.

They gave you a sense of comfort that you haven't felt in a while. One that has always lurked in the calmness of each storm. They gave you a sense of peace.

"More like hope..." You thought to yourself.

See, your current living situation wasn't the best. After your parents had died in a hit and run, you didn't have a place to go. You had no Aunts or Uncles, and your loving grandparents had died just weeks before your parents. So, you were adopted by Ron Bullok and Tracey Bullok. For a while, things were as perfect as they could be. They bought you beautiful clothes you couldn't afford, and gave you so much love and affection. That is, until the day your father had gotten fired from his job at an office.

∞fʟᴀsʜʙᴀᴄᴋ

It was mid June, you were playing in the back garden while your mother was in the kitchen, watching you and smiling happily. You were and angel to her. She could never conceive a child, so she chose to adopt with her husband instead. When she heard of your story, she felt the need to pull you out from such a bad place and pamper you like a princess. And she did. She was overjoyed how, only after a week, you were out of your room and exploring every nook and cranny of the house. And by the next month, you were doubled over laughing while your mother told you jokes. Now, a year had passed and you were a damn blessing.