one ; late night calls

Jeno looked at his alarm clock. "It's 11:30 guys." He states, letting Jaemin and Renjun know through the mic on his laptop. They just nodded, Jeno could tell since they all had their webcams on despite at their rooms only lit by the blue light on each of their separate computer screens in their separate homes. Time didn't matter though, at least not to Jaemin and Renjun.

Renjun ended up responding, "Thanks for the information Grandpa." Making Jeno sigh and Jaemin giggle.

"Don't you guys think we should head to bed?" Jeno asks but the two other boys took their time responding, they were too busy showing each other dumb memes.

Jaemin glanced up at his laptop screen, before looking back down at his phone looking for more memes. "Why? It's only 11:30."

"I guess." Jeno says, scrolling through their meme trail in the 'Powerpuff Boys' group chat. He giggled and chuckled ever now and then. The other two boys were really funny, so funny it often left him wondering how he was born so "no-fun".

Jeno looked up at his laptop screen admiring the faces of the two. One his boyfriend of three or so months and the other his childhood best friend who he managed to win over and become best friends all over again.

Sure, it was hard. He had to persist and insist over and over again but in the end all the time that he may have thought was a waste over the past few months was all worth it. As if he was breaking down one side of a wall while Renjun kept building up more on the other, eventually Renjun ran out of bricks to build up. Jeno had reached him and it was more comforting than he would have thought.

Renjun was scared of that feeling, feeling warm inside for someone who will never have that warmth for you. Jeno was like a hot tea and Renjun kept wanting more and more of it. He was addicted and eventually he became okay with that. It wasn't just Jeno either, it was Jaemin too. Renjun found himself joining these calls just to hear Jaemin's voice and see his ethereal smile. He had fallen hard again and there was no getting out.

"I'm going to go get some cereal, I'll be back, home slices." Jaemin says, taking his headphones out his ears and walking away from his laptop screen. Any other day Jeno would have just said okay and moved on but the idea of being alone with Renjun left him flustered, even if only through a computer screen still miles and miles away from each other.

Jeno cleared his throat, "When did you say you were coming to Korea?"

"In a week or so," Renjun says. He started to talk some more and explain everything but Jeno couldn't hear the words. He heard the voice like honey, he saw the way his eyes flickered from time to time, and fell into the trap. He found himself falling and little did he know they both felt it in that moment.

Renjun stopped talking, seeing Jeno seemingly dozing off. He watched the boy curious, admiring his sharp features and his distant gaze and suddenly he had the urge to just fly over to Korea that second and kiss his exposed forehead, then his attractively big nose, and then maybe just maybe they could lock into a kiss, gentle or rough, it didn't matter, as long as they we're enjoying it.

🌼