07. 𝙛𝙖𝙞𝙣𝙩 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙙

when luke walked home that night, the phosphorescing moon hung above him, with small specks of light interspersing the tenebrous pitch black sky, and luke felt happy

for once, he wasn't wallowing in his own pity, or crying his eyes out as he thought about everything around him that resembled his insipid boy.

tonight, he felt light, and he could just break into a grin and run back home and jump around, if only his eyes weren't begging to close and fall into a peaceful slumber. It's been so long since his mind hasn't run wild in his dreams, and it usually ended in him relieving his worst memories on loop till he woke up in cold sweat.

maybe ashton could piece and string his broken shards back up again, filling his lungs up with life he lost, and lead him to fall back in love.

it might not be love yet, or they may never work out but luke already adored the hazel eyed boy who always smelled like lavander and honey and love, and tonight, luke felt the same butterflies stealing his breath that he felt around his sunshine.

but maybe Luke overthought it too much, because the voices were back, and luke should have known it was too good to be true for him to have a good night.

moving on already? poor mikey

mikey would be disgusted.

mikey gave so much to you and this is how you repay him?

how can you cheat on the boy who loved you so much?

it should have been you

it should have been me.

the voices never failed to remind Luke of how little time he had, and how much he wished he knew more about Michael. there were so many questions left unanswered, so many things they haven't done yet and luke was left to live alone, for him.

the voices continued screaming and crawling up every dark corner, desperate to pull out a memory the blonde tries so hard to repress. they didn't let him sleep, wouldn't let him catch his breath and all luke could do was let his tears run free. pushing his aureate curls into his pillow, he hoped that it would muffle his voice as he screamed at them to stop.

these were the nights when michael would hold him tight, and whisper to him that he loved him, and luke would sleep in his arms and wake up alright in the morning. even when muchael's sight was gone, and luke would cry because he was so overwhelmed, the boy could hold him and everything fell into place.

when michael was with him, nothing else mattered.

yet tonight Luke was alone, just him, the moon, the coruscating stars and his mind.

slowly, everything was caliginous and ocean eyed boy was falling, falling, falling

and just as he hit the floor, someone's hands wrapped around him

just like that, luke was back with his boy.

luke was happy again.